Brace myself April 2nd

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mommynbraces

Brace myself April 2nd

#1 Post by Mommynbraces »

I had my spacers placed March 13th and my braces will be place on April 2nd. My mouth is sore and it hurts to eat. I have lost four pounds since the spacers were put in, for some reason I watch what I eat now. I have not told my husband about the braces yet because he claims to love the gap between my two front teeth. Some people say that the gap gives me character. I wonder how boring my face would look with out it? I am a little anxious about having braces and often have images in my head of braces with food on them. I am worried that they will not look clean and see my self going to the restroom often to clean them while at work. Are braces hard to keep clean? Do you have to clean them everytime you eat no matter what you eat? :?

WiredforSound

#2 Post by WiredforSound »

Hi Mommynbraces!

Sorry to hear that your spacers hurt. Hope they are feeling better now.

Yes, you have to clean your braces everytime you eat. I was told that if I ate 10 times a day (whether it be meals or snacks) then I need to brush 10 times a day.

So after each meal or snack I go rinse out any of the big particles of food and then brush my teeth. It is irritating to have to keep running to the washroom to rinse and brush but it seems like everything gets stuck in the braces. It feels better to get the food out too.

Braces aren't hard to clean. I find between my electric toothbrush and the interdental brushes it gets everything out. Flossing is fun. It takes getting used to. Day by day I am getting better at it. You will too.

I do know that I am less of a snacker already ( 6 days since upper braces went on) because I keep thinking do I really want to brush AGAIN after eating.

Good luck on Apr 2!! Let us know how it goes.
[/url]

jannobandano

#3 Post by jannobandano »

hey don't worry about your braces having food in them- i do that sometimes too.. :lol: but yeah, if ur really worried, take ur interdental brush with u to work, and after u eat, rinse your mouth with water, then quickly pop into the bathroom to check ur braces. if there is any food stuck, just use ur interdental brush to quickly brush it off
good luck!