Extractions are still bleeding...

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TuZZi

Extractions are still bleeding...

#1 Post by TuZZi »

I had 4 bicuspids removed exactly a month ago, and they aren't quite healed over yet. At least one if not two sites bleed every day, mostly when I'm eating or brushing my teeth. I've been really careful when I eat, and I'm still not eating anything solid, or anything I remotely have to chew. I've also been really careful when I brush around the extractions, and take the most time around them, but at least one of them always opens up.

The holes aren't actually holes anymore, they have grown in, and left a little red dot in the middle of each site. I've noticed that when they bleed, they bleed from on the side by the molar band, and sometimes it even seems like it's bleeding from the molar band, and not the actual extraction site.

Has anyone else taken this long to heal? Is this normal? I went back to the dentist and he didn't have much at all to say about any of it, just that there wasn't anything extremely wrong that had to be looked after pronto.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

dkt3

#2 Post by dkt3 »

I wouldnt worry too much. Mine didnt heal over until about two or three months. I had a tiny bit of bone or tooth or something coming out of one extraction that was hard to pull. It took about four months to heal over completely. The sites were not bleeding though so I guess its a little different. I would just monitor it and continue being really careful. Try some salt rinses because that stimulates healing to the site. Dont brush over the extraction site either. I have now had extractions for five months and only last week started brushing lightly over the extraction site.