SARPE stiches - when do they dissolve?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pixella

SARPE stiches - when do they dissolve?

#1 Post by pixella »

Hi guys!

I had SARPE on 17 June, so 3 weeks ago. I also had bilateral mandibular tori removed at the bottom.

The stitches in the bottom are all gone, dissolved. The top stiches, for thr SARPe are still there. Was this the case with anyone else?

My surgeon said he put a suture in my nose to stop it from widening, but, to be honest - I really don't think I'd mind if it did.

I feel like the upper stiches should be gone by now and maybe it sounds silly, but it feels like they're impeding my expansion.

What is your experience with stiches?

Austin34

Re: SARPE stiches - when do they dissolve?

#2 Post by Austin34 »

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to say that your experience with SARPE and mandibular torus surgery seems to be within the norm, although each case is unique. Regarding stitches, it's quite common for those placed in the upper region, especially near the nose, to take longer to dissolve or fall out. This depends on a number of factors, including the type of suture used and your body's individual response to the healing process.

In parallel, your situation leads me to reflect on the importance of documentation and information management in the medical context. In the case of complex medical treatments such as SARPE, efficient management of medical records, surgical reports and post-operative follow-up is crucial.

So, to what extent could adopting tools like PDFSmart to optimize medical documentation improve communication between patients and healthcare professionals, and potentially influence patient experience and outcomes?