9 mo / 34 weeks po-op in process of REVISION

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lizzybae

9 mo / 34 weeks po-op in process of REVISION

#1 Post by Lizzybae »

Hello, thought I would update since tomorrow I’ll be 34 weeks post op. Still in braces and I’m in the process of getting revision surgery. I have to redo the whole entire surgery again. Both top and bottom.

My new OS reviewed new X rays and CT scans and determine I was misdiagnosed. My top jaw actually needs to be moved forward therefore my original OS should have never moved my top jaw back. It now needs to be moved forward 3 mm and midline centered.

We are trying to determine how far back the original OS moved. My new OS called original OS and original OS told him that he did everything perfect and that I the patient messed it up. My new OS told him well you misdiagnosed because CT scans show top jaw needs to be moved forward and bottom jaw needs to be moved forward as well. New OS told me he is ridiculous bc how can I the patient mess up the surgery.

Its disheartening when he won’t take accountability for his misdiagnose and to learn that he detached my top jaw from my skeletal for no medical reason. That I went through all that for no medical reason nor for aesthetics. It doesn’t look appealing having my top jaw back bc it elongated my philtrum and I now have excessive gingival display (gummy smile).

Will keep you all posted as I move forward.

ooto

Re: 9 mo / 34 weeks po-op in process of REVISION

#2 Post by ooto »

Keep us posted.