Revision Surgery for IVRO of lower jaw and impaction of upper jaw?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Emilylees

Revision Surgery for IVRO of lower jaw and impaction of upper jaw?

#1 Post by Emilylees »

Hello I got jaw surgery a while ago to fix my overbite and protrusion along with gummy smile. The surgeon moved back both jaw 4mm and added an impaction of 4mm. I can't see my teeth anymore when I talk and none at rest. My face got much chubbier and I am a skinny girl. I have. a lot of sagging under my jaw. My bite got worse as my midline is now messed up and doesn't line up correctly. My lower jaw is not placed in the center but slanted to one side. I really want revision surgery to fix these issues. Has anyone gotten a downdraft with bone for the upper jaw and revision with the IVRO method? Thank you.

SpeakingUpJ

Re: Revision Surgery for IVRO of lower jaw and impaction of upper jaw?

#2 Post by SpeakingUpJ »

Hi, something very similar happened to my sister. She underwent jaw surgery to correct a Class II overbite, but that’s when the nightmare started. After the surgery she was left a Class III. She’s been having a really hard time dealing with this. She’s only 17.

We are seeking answers in the hopes of finding a decent surgeon who won’t take advantage of the situation and hopefully help us correct her bite.

Have you had any luck in your case or found any answers?

Sherry123

#3 Post by Sherry123 »

Can you share where you did the surgery so others can avoid this surgeon?

BlueTears

#4 Post by BlueTears »

**I wrote the comment about my little sister, but had to create another account because somehow my password wasn’t going through.

At some point the criminal-surgeon’s name will come out. But I’m hesitant to say it at the time

Just know it was the top hospital in Houston, and this awful surgeon exaggerate his skills, and was more an implant surgeon than an orthognathic surgeon. Maxillofacial is a broaden word…someone can call themselves a Maxillofacial facial surgeon and just extract teeth, or do dental implants. It’s dangerous because they can also promote other things they are NOT skilled in.

Sherry123 wrote:
> Can you share where you did the surgery so others can avoid this surgeon?