Midline discrepancy and overheat post DJS

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MoG

Midline discrepancy and overheat post DJS

#1 Post by MoG »

I had DJS December 8th and had TADs placed for banding post op (I am an Invisalign patient so no braces to hold the bands). Immediately after surgery my bite was perfect and everything felt and looked great. At 4 weeks post op, the surgeon removed my TADs and bands. Since then, my bite has shifted and I now (at week 6.5) have a crossbite and my midline is at least 4mm off center (the two front teeth are tilted so it is hard to get a good measurement without lifting my lip up which moves soft tissue). I know some people have posted that orthodontics have fixed a midline discrepancy, but I can’t find anything about how much of a discrepancy can be fixed with orthodontics. I have an appointment with ortho to get braces on since we still cannot scan for refinement trays due to my mouth opening but it is a week away and I am driving myself crazy worrying about needing a revision surgery.

MoG

Re: Midline discrepancy and overheat post DJS

#2 Post by MoG »

P.S. I saw ortho at 3 weeks post op but things looked good then. They haven’t looked at me since then so I have yet to get their opinion on the recent changes. They agreed to braces on the phone after I explained what is happening.