Sort of Urgent! UJS soon and concerned about result

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lefortnite

Sort of Urgent! UJS soon and concerned about result

#1 Post by lefortnite »

Hello, I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow(!). Been wearing braces for a long time and the surgery have been waiting because of Covid.

Picture here https://imgur.com/a/6LUAyrC

I have a slight overbite, 3-4mm open bite which was more like 12mm, but fixed with braces, also some asymmetry and gummy smile.

I'm only getting Upper Jaw Surgery, Lefort 1, 5mm. I'm not having a great time right now, I don't wanna come out of this surgery being dissatisfied with the result.
Looking at the picture, do you think my jaw will be left looking extra weak, because of the movement of the maxilla?
Me and my surgeon discussed this today, and he seems pretty adamant that UJS alone is enough. I'm probably just stressed because it's so close, but I have a bad gut feeling :?
Thoughts?

snapdresser

Re: Sort of Urgent! UJS soon and concerned about result

#2 Post by snapdresser »

It’s hard to tell without seeing your x-ray, but offhand you might consider a sliding genii plastic in lieu of the lower jaw. Either way, your surgery was today (usually in the morning) so it’s too late to change what they did. Happy healing, and remember you can always vent on here! It’s a tough road.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018