Revision surgery advice - Dr. Oh from Regen South Korea caused me sleep apnea

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dusktodawn35

Revision surgery advice - Dr. Oh from Regen South Korea caused me sleep apnea

#1 Post by Dusktodawn35 »

Hi I would like revision surgery advice for my condition

I also want to warn people about the dangers of two jaw surgery in South Korea particularly my experience with Dr. Oh from Regen Hospital

I had jaw surgery 6 months ago in South Korea. I initially went there because my chin was receded and I wanted a genioplasty. The surgeon Dr. Oh said I had a protruded mouth and the best was two jaw surgery and a genioplasty. He said he would move my mouth back a little and forward my chin. The consultant Suyen said he was an expert in the field and the recovery is only 3 weeks.

However after the surgery and swelling gone my jaws and my mouth felt too far pushed back and my chin was not forward, my mouth was concave

He also performed a v line (shaved my jaws on sides) without my permission. I did not consent to this. He told me the next day after the procedure that he changed a mini v line (genioplasty and just shaving the sides near the chin) to a full v line and he shaved my whole Jaw line, my partner is a witness. This was illegal

I began to have choking episodes, Loud snoring and my partner noticed I wasn’t breathing at night. Also my mouth was sucked in and my lower face was very small and chin to neck length very short and a dent between my chin and lip. Upper lip severely thin and lower lip constantly dry.

I consulted a pulmonologist and had a sleep study. I have been diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea and a narrow airway. My AHI is 66. I had 496 apneic episodes in one night and desaturation to 77%.

I have a concave mouth now and small chin and my jaws are shaved and severely small jaw and swelling on my neck for 6 months

I have numbness in my chin and Lower jaw, jaw tightness , food stuck in my mouth and trismus.

The surgeon has ignored me for 3 months since I have questioned him about how far he set my mouth back and it not looking normal and I asked for a refund. I only can communicate with the consultant Suyen and she wouldn’t let me speak to Dr. Oh until I said I would post on real self in 24 hours. Then she handed him the phone and he said he didn’t do anything wrong and I asked for a refund. He said what are you sending me? I said why would I send you anything? He said send me double what you paid in 1 year because you are going to look good. I said I am not and I want a refund and he said he didn’t want to talk to me anymore and he hung up.

Since then I asked for my medical records including operative reports and consent forms. Suyen said due to coronavirus the person in charge of documents was not there and she doesn’t know when it will be available. Since then she’s ignored me for 3 months but has read all the messages i send her.

He has not taken responsibility.

I have to use a cpap now.

There are a lot of other complications. I have lost my confidence and am depressed. I have a psychiatrist and therapist

Also they knocked out my veneer twice during anesthesia ,I had another procedure there with a different doctor 5 days before and they would not pay for it.

I also had an abscess in my gum with a fever of 102.8 and my cheek and neck were 5x the size and I required a IM shot of antibiotics and oral antibiotics and missed work for 5 days.

Also they put TADs in my upper and lower gums and a splint but no braces and had me rubber band the metal hooks together to close my mouth for 1 month. After 1 month they said to remove the split and rubber band the teeth together , it began to severely make my gums bleed and recess after 1 week. I had to stop and My bite was open. Dr. oh wouldn’t send me those metal wires they made for my teeth which were like braces with hooks for 2 weeks and said I should withstand the pain. He made me cross the bands from my front teeth to Lower teeth which again caused gum bleeding and recession permanently. I had to go to 3 orthodontists , oral surgeon to ask for help to close the bite. No one wanted to help me. I then told Suyen I’m going to post on real self if you don’t send the wires then she found. A fedex and they came in 24 hours and I had to beg my dentist to glue the wires on and I continued the rubber bands.

I have been traumatized, abandoned. They are withholding my medical records and caused me severe obstructive sleep apnea and disfigured my face.

I trusted him and he betrayed my trust. He won’t take responsibility

I want to find the best revision surgeon and have been on a few consultations

I want the best esthetics and function to help fix my face and my sleep apnea

I would like to advance my jaws and possibly revise the genioplasty if needed. My jawline cannot come back unfortunately but there are implants if after the double jaw surgery

Has anyone gone to Dr Gunson ? Or Dr Relle ? Or anyone else they recommend ?

Please provide any advice. I really need to get the best care this time.

Thanks

You may read my whole review on realself https://www.realself.com/review/orthogn ... ble-result

faceoff

Re: Revision surgery advice - Dr. Oh from Regen South Korea caused me sleep apnea

#2 Post by faceoff »

Best of luck to you sweetie! I'll be watching your page and pulling for you to get the results that you want on your revision. I know exactly how you are feeling and am still looking for someone to help me with my issues.