Surgery Cancelled

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kristen

Surgery Cancelled

#1 Post by Kristen »

Today I was scheduled for upper jaw surgery but it got cancelled. I am so bummed out right now. I spent so much money to get here and waited a few years for this day to finally come. Now I need to reschedule and hopefully I’ll be able to come back in a couple months. Anyone else had their surgery cancelled or are waiting for surgery and want to pass the time by wallowing in sorrow together? No one really understands my frustration here...If I think about it I cry, and I know it’s silly but just want to hear other people’s stories and how they got through it or are going through it.
It’s much more than just my bite, I had a new job lined up to start right after I got back and felt like it would be a new beginning for me. Now I’m not sure what will come of the opportunity since they may not want to bring me on board knowing that I will be off for a few weeks right after starting the job. I’ve just had so much issues and anxiety up to this point and now it’s heightened and I feel so depressed. I thought all my problems would be over after this surgery, I won’t have to worry about my teeth and my bite will be good and I’ll be more aesthetically balanced. The job I loath will be a distant memory... ugh. Sorry Just venting.

Jfullflow10

Re: Surgery Cancelled

#2 Post by Jfullflow10 »

I get your frustration. I was told by my surgeon's office that my surgery was approved and then the day before the surgery I get told that it's not approved. The surgeon kept me on the schedule, I even went into the hospital the day the surgery was supposed to happen to wait to see if approval was coming. It never did and I had to wait a month for the approval/appeal process to run its course. I had my double jaw surgery a month later and had a partial collapse of my upper right jaw and had to go back in for a revision 1.5 months after the double jaw surgery. It was absolutely terrible and I can't help but wonder if I had my surgery on the initial date, would I have had the collapse? It is an extraordinarily frustrating experience. I wish I had magic words to make it better but some of these things are just out of our control and I had to remind myself of that constantly.

RaspberryJam

Re: Surgery Cancelled

#3 Post by RaspberryJam »

Mine got delayed back in march and it's finally happening in late September. If it gets cancelled or pushed back again, I'm gonna lose it.