Ortho changing treatment plans and being difficult

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ddetterline2

Ortho changing treatment plans and being difficult

#1 Post by Ddetterline2 »

So I’m about a little over a year into my one year treatment for my oral surgery. I’m suppose to be in braces two years afterwards. The problem I am having is it seems as if my orthodontist isn’t being considerate. Currently with the most recent mold he told me there was only a few back molars to adjust, before my bite was ready. Yet when I went to one of the routating ortho’s on stagf last week he did something the doctor said not to do which made a gap also left my back molar without an orthodontic ring or a bracket it was just bare, because he said he didn’t want to mess up what the other doctor had planned, and the next week my ortho fixed it but he then told me my surgery probably won’t happen over the summer all of a sudden, because he said he doesn’t wanna feel rushed and wants to take things slow. I didn’t say much because at that point I was extremely frustrated but I really wnated to tell him that I don’t care if my teeth are perfect before surgery I just want to have it so I can eat and talk right again, and whatever needs to be fixed can be fixed after. He then told me he talked to my oral surgeon (finally because all communication has been through me which was very little at that) and said that he would give me a referral to see an oral surgeon... makes no sense because I already chosen one in my insurance network. This is really starting to become frustrating and it seems like he’s not caring about my needs, and it’s suspicious that all of a sudden a bite that only needed 3-4 adjustments (from the words of them) now needs 3 or more months to be ready for surgeryz should I change ortho’s not sure what to do in this situatuon, but I’m beyond angry that things have changed d all of a sudden and that the last ortho did my adjustment wrong so I had to feel that pain for no reason just to feel more pain to fix what one of them did.