Why didn’t my mold fit?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ddetterline2

Why didn’t my mold fit?

#1 Post by Ddetterline2 »

I’ve shown allot of frustration on this board since the beginning of my treatment, because waiting on jaw surgery has been very difficult for me mentally. They finally made the mold on my teeth and the one side of my mouth the mold fits, and the other side doesn’t fit at all. I’m wondering why that is they didnt say why they just said it could take 3-4 more adjustments to fix the side that doesn’t fit. I wasn’t wearing my rubber bands like I was suppose to, but they didn’t notice so I figured it was okay. I don’t see the rubber bands being a big contributed in aligning my teeth but maybe it was? I’m wearing them religiously now in hopes of these 3-4 adjustments fixing that mess of a bite on my one side. I have an underbite and a severe crossbite. I’m wondering also if it’s even possible for my mold to fix perfectly considering my corssbite is so bad?

Jfullflow10

Re: Why didn’t my mold fit?

#2 Post by Jfullflow10 »

I cant speak to the mold but I can tell you with 100% certainty the elastics have been absolutely critical to moving my bite into place. I have worn the elastics every which way possible it seems and each time I can tell just how they're moving my bite.