Orthognathic surgery revision

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

asdfsushi

Orthognathic surgery revision

#1 Post by asdfsushi »

Hi guys!

First of all, English is not my first language, so I will try to make this as comprehensible as possible. I had a bimaxillary orthognathic surgery almost 2 years ago. I had an open bite and a prominent gummy smile with a canted maxilla.

Long story short, they kinda corrected my gummy smile but I still had my upper jaw canted. They never corrected my deviated lower jaw and never used plates so it got back to the initial position resulting in an open bite, but the worse thing here is that my entire upper jaw got positioned to the right, so basically I have my right side visibly prominent on the lip, and my smile is off the middle line. I came out with a prominent facial asymmetry.

My nose also had changes, I already knew it was possible to it to wide a bit because I read about it (and it did wide), however, I have no idea how it came out with one nostril bigger/more elevated than the other (it wasn't like that before), so combined with my new problem... My self-esteem is nonexistent to this point.

BUT well, that was just some context, the real thing is that I am having revision surgery on Monday (yass) and I have some questions that of course I shared with my surgeon and the team, but still have to ask:

It is possible that my nose could get even wider this time? I asked them and they assured me that they are going to keep that in mind, correct everything that needed to be corrected in the moment, but I still gotta ask, guys, I mean, my first surgeon also was sure as hell.

I am so concerned about this because I asked my surgeon if I could get a rhinoplasty in case something like that happens (and because at some point I have to correct that nostril), and he said he doesn't recommend that, at least not soon, but I know that if something like that happens to my nose, I will be one with the drama, so yeah, here I am.

Finally, and to keep it positive: any recommendations, advices, encouraging words you can share with me, guys? Because at this point, I'm kinda terrified. :paperbag:

Luciangreuceanu

Re: Orthognathic surgery revision

#2 Post by Luciangreuceanu »

Hello,

How did the revision surgery go?
I will have mine this Wednesday.

All the best,
Lucian.