Three Years Later and They're Off!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kplatt2010

Three Years Later and They're Off!!

#1 Post by kplatt2010 »

So the big day finally arrived and I had my braces removed. It was a relatively quick process and not that uncomfortable. I went that afternoon to my dentist and had my teeth cleaned for the first time in a really long time; 3 1/2 years. The first year rationale was because my braces were applied and killing me. The second year rationale was because I had surgery and I could barely open my mouth. Third year + was because I was waiting for the braces to come off. The end result was I discovered I had black triangles bottom lower front that were probably being camouflaged. I'm a little bothered but I'll learn to live with it. What I'm a little concerned about is there are some gaps (bilaterally) between my upper back molars. I'm wondering what will happen; shifting wise, once I'm only wearing retainers half time.

In regard to retainers; they fitted me with the Essix retainer. Not a super fan because they feel pretty flimsy. Luckily they gave me two to start. Bottom has a permanent retainer.

In total it's been exactly 3 years in braces and 1 year and 7 months since my MMA procedure.

Lessons learned don't rationalize holding off on getting teeth cleaned professionally.
See the below before and after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.