Mold made for my teeth but no feedback?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HoneyBee245

Mold made for my teeth but no feedback?

#1 Post by HoneyBee245 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Last week I had an ortho appointment for adjustments and then the day after I had my oral surgery appointment for insurance approval. So my ortho appointment was just suppose to be for a rountileh 6 week tightening, but they made a mold of my teeth. I was told they do the mold in the end process which is confusing, because it was suppose to be a year to get ready and it’s been 10 months. After they made the mold they told me nothing. Next day I had an oral surgery appointment for insurance approval because I wanted to know if it would even be accepted before going further in treatment. Turns out I need double jaw surgery instead of upper, and he said he doesn’t think they’ll deny it because of my functional problems but we’ll see. I didn’t know what to tell him about when I’d be ready so I told him what the previous orthotold me about the mold being the ending process, and I have a surgery date for next month. Although I don’t know for sure if my teeth are ready, and I need to know obviously but it’s very hard to get in touch with my orthodontist. It makes me wonder why they didn’t tell me in the first place if my teeth were ready before I left. Is this normal for them?

AndAndAnd

Re: Mold made for my teeth but no feedback?

#2 Post by AndAndAnd » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:36 pm

You need to call the orthodontist and get some concrete answers, either by speaking directly by phone or by asking to arrange another appointment to explain what’s happening.

kplatt2010

#3 Post by kplatt2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Hey Honey Bee,
I would think the oral surgeon should be able to look at your teeth too and judge whether you're ready.

Although it would be nice for you to have the direct communication regarding the process; I would also suggest having oral surgeon call orthodontist directly to ensure there is no miss communication between the two. Call both offices and see if you can assist them in coordinating the conversation. Interesting that the ortho did the bite mold because it was my oral surgeon that did the bite mold for the block during the procedure. Perhaps your ortho and oral surgeon do it a little differently??

Also; I'm so happy for you too because I remember you posting your concern regarding medicaid approval right?? From the sounds of it; your oral surgeon is thinking this is a slam dunk. :jump:
Make sure you keep copies of your prior approval letter. I asked the insurance company to send me a copy.I'm so glad too because my insurance company is now playing games 18 months later after paying up.
Karla

HoneyBee245

#4 Post by HoneyBee245 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:58 am

kplatt2010 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:39 pm
Hey Honey Bee,
I would think the oral surgeon should be able to look at your teeth too and judge whether you're ready.

Although it would be nice for you to have the direct communication regarding the process; I would also suggest having oral surgeon call orthodontist directly to ensure there is no miss communication between the two. Call both offices and see if you can assist them in coordinating the conversation. Interesting that the ortho did the bite mold because it was my oral surgeon that did the bite mold for the block during the procedure. Perhaps your ortho and oral surgeon do it a little differently??

Also; I'm so happy for you too because I remember you posting your concern regarding medicaid approval right?? From the sounds of it; your oral surgeon is thinking this is a slam dunk. :jump:
Make sure you keep copies of your prior approval letter. I asked the insurance company to send me a copy.I'm so glad too because my insurance company is now playing games 18 months later after paying up.
Karla
Yes, he does thing it will be easy to get approved. Thank you :)! I’m still nervous though because they said they’re not doing approval until a month before surgery.. Sorry to hear about your insurance problems hopefully it’ll be a speedy process clearing things up.