Orthodontist not keeping track of process

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ddetterline2

Orthodontist not keeping track of process

#1 Post by Ddetterline2 »

My orthodontist told me that I would be ready for upper jaw surgery within a year, and I’m 6 months in and all she does is get her assistance to tighten my braces and then tells me to come back in 6 weeks. She hasn’t even made a mold or anything and when I point out to her my bite is getting worse (I know it’s suppose to) so she can maybe check my progress she gets agitated. I’m really frustrated it doesn’t seem like she’s actually keeping track of my progress and anytime I ask a question she just tells me I have to be patient which I don’t understand because I’m not asking for her to hurry the process I’m asking her to SHOW me how the process is going and what’s left to be done. I don’t know what to do I feel she’s not doing her job.

kplatt2010

Re: Orthodontist not keeping track of process

#2 Post by kplatt2010 »

Hi There,
After the initial impression before the braces, there were not any further molds / impressions taken of my teeth. The only impression I had once braces were on was made by the oral surgeon and that was a couple of days before surgery. The bite impression was to hold my teeth together / in-place for during the surgery.

My brace time was 15 months until surgery. I had the full works LeForte 1/ MMA and reversal of genioplasty. Ortho majorly pulled back lower jaw to compensate for surgery. It was actually too much but I think that was one of the factors that made me qualify for the surgery. I'm still in braces fine tuning 13 months post procedure. :(

AnxietyOn

#3 Post by AnxietyOn »

[quote=Ddetterline2 post_id=504173 time=1535103133 user_id=31939]
My orthodontist told me that I would be ready for upper jaw surgery within a year, and I’m 6 months in and all she does is get her assistance to tighten my braces and then tells me to come back in 6 weeks. She hasn’t even made a mold or anything and when I point out to her my bite is getting worse (I know it’s suppose to) so she can maybe check my progress she gets agitated. I’m really frustrated it doesn’t seem like she’s actually keeping track of my progress and anytime I ask a question she just tells me I have to be patient which I don’t understand because I’m not asking for her to hurry the process I’m asking her to SHOW me how the process is going and what’s left to be done. I don’t know what to do I feel she’s not doing her job.
[/quote]

Do you mind if i ask who your orthodontist is? Sounds just like mine, she’s in Carlifornia Los Angeles. Very horible experience with her service

kplatt2010

#4 Post by kplatt2010 »

My ortho is in Rockville Maryland; Dr. Fritz. I actually really like him and would recommend him to others. I think my case is unusual (maybe because I'm old :lol: and my jaw is like cement versus a young person whom you can easily move??). I'm trying to be patient because I want my bite to be as perfect as possible; so he can just keep fine tuning until it's as close to perfect as he can get.

Any fine tuning that can be done prior to surgery you want because you want to have minimal fine tuning (hopefully) following surgery. No one can predict with complete accuracy because every case is different and some move super slow in the process (aka me) and some will move super fast. As long as there is progress; that's good. Your teeth / bite is going to look pretty horrible immediately before the surgery. So if it's looking like crap; perhaps you are progressing nicely?? :wink:
Karla

Ddetterline2

#5 Post by Ddetterline2 »

[quote=AnxietyOn post_id=504241 time=1535338492 user_id=29781]
[quote=Ddetterline2 post_id=504173 time=1535103133 user_id=31939]
[/quote]

Do you mind if i ask who your orthodontist is? Sounds just like mine, she’s in Carlifornia Los Angeles. Very horible experience with her service
[/quote]

I’m actually in Philadelphia, Pa my doctor is DR. Choi.