How bad did your bite get before you were ready for surgery?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ddetterline2

How bad did your bite get before you were ready for surgery?

#1 Post by Ddetterline2 »

Recently I just got a thicker wire put on and within a few days my bite is much worst. I use to be able to make my bite touch now it’s a full blow underbite. I’m scared of how much longer I have to wait and how much worst it’s going to get. How bad did you guys bite change before you were ready for surgery?

fobot

Re: How bad did your bite get before you were ready for surgery?

#2 Post by fobot »

I had an underbite but my front teeth went backwards so it hid it

I had braces on for about 2 years before surgery - once they were straight, I could fit my finger in the gap. It was huge but honestly noone really noticed, only people I pointed it out to. Most people still dont know why I had surgery :roll:

tested

#3 Post by tested »

yeah I had a full blown underbite before the surgery as well for probably a year or longer, it was really bad to the point where I wanted the surgery ASAP compared to just wanting the ortho treatment when I started

Ddetterline2

#4 Post by Ddetterline2 »

tested wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:37 am yeah I had a full blown underbite before the surgery as well for probably a year or longer, it was really bad to the point where I wanted the surgery ASAP compared to just wanting the ortho treatment when I started
How many years were you in braces before surgery?

tested

#5 Post by tested »

Ddetterline2 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:20 pm How many years were you in braces before surgery?
close to 2 years