Surgery Or Not

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kayg

Surgery Or Not

#1 Post by kayg »

Hello,

So I had two consultations for braces. Both are well respected ortho's in the neighborhood. My first consultation he recommended to fix my crossbite, and slight underbite on a few bottom teeth by using a posterior bite plate to widen my bite. The other ortho looked and said go to a surgeon for consultation to see what they recommend. They may say because it's so slight the surgery is not needed or recommend an extraction. I've had braces in the past to fix my bite when I was 11 (I am now 33), and they were able to fix it without surgery, but because I never wore my retainers (doh) the bite went back. When I heard about the posterior bite plate (never had), I was like great, and now that this one recommended surgery, I am now rethinking who I should go with. I have attached some photos as well. I think I may go with my first choice because after seeing some reviews he was able to correct the bite without surgery, but who knows maybe it was more masking the problem than addressing it, but I am trying to avoid surgery at all costs lol.

copy and paste:

https://imgur.com/a/s6vkXmw