surgery in two weeks, teeth hurt

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jdiameron

surgery in two weeks, teeth hurt

#1 Post by jdiameron »

Hi all,

I am going to have double jaw surgery in two weeks to fix my bad malocclusion (Class II). I started to get very nervous about the surgery since it is getting very close and real :roll:

So one of my molar and canine is problematic and I am very worried about how they will take the surgery and elastics.

My molar has a crown on it and it has been sore and slightly sensitive to cold for the last 2.5 years! I have seen at least 4 dentists about it and they say it looks good. They thinks its problematic more likely because of my bad malocclusion. I was told my crown can be changed if it wont get better with a good occlusion after the surgery.

My canine started to be sore and sensitive after 6 months of wearing braces. It freaked me out crazy that it is sensitive to warm drinks. I drink my hot coffee with a straw and make my meal gets cold to eat :( I have seen my dentist about it. He took an xray and also did some cold/hot sensitivity test. Sensitivity don't linger or gets worse by time. He thinks it is not dying. It is because somehow my nerve and soft tissues around that tooth is compresses with the teeth around it. Or something like that. He also thinks it would get better by time. It has been like this for the last 2 months. Its not getting worse at all. It is just very annoying and worries me since I will have a surgery in two weeks.

Has anyone had any tooth issues before surgery? I am worried if I need anything to be done to those teeth after my surgery while I cannot even open my mouth and recovering from the surgery itself.

Sorry if I sounded annoying. I just needed to vent it somewhere and ask the forum about it.

Thank you...