June/ july 2018 surgery buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jfullflow10

Re: June/ july 2018 surgery buddies

#76 Post by Jfullflow10 »

4 weeks post op and just got the ok to start chewing again, hamburgers, stuff like that. I'm definitely nervous but excited to start. Did you all cut everything into little pieces before starting to chew again? I kind of feel like a kid learning to eat properly all over again.

eh1253

#77 Post by eh1253 »

Jfullflow10 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am 4 weeks post op and just got the ok to start chewing again, hamburgers, stuff like that. I'm definitely nervous but excited to start. Did you all cut everything into little pieces before starting to chew again? I kind of feel like a kid learning to eat properly all over again.
I just started chewing 2 weeks ago and I've been cutting up food like burgers since I'm not comfortable biting down very hard to tear food. Also chewing feels really awkward since none of my teeth are where I expect them to be. So I've just slowly eased into it. I still prefer soft foods like tamales and rice but I try to eat more challenging foods when I feel up to it (and don't have to worry about making a mess).

tested

#78 Post by tested »

Had surgery end of June.
I was VERY swollen, way more swollen than ANYONE I saw online but surgery was painless.
After a week and a bit I had a really heavy blood nose for 4.5 hours before I went ED where I ended in hospital for another 3 nights.
I came home and and nearly a week after my ortho said I had an infection, went back to surgeons who gave me antibiotics.
Once the infection went away I caught a cold that lasted for two weeks. Note I was going to uni 3-4 days a week 3 weeks post op, not a great idea.
The cold went away but a day after I fainted for the first time, luckily I didn't sustain damage to my jaw, only my neck.

Currently 11 weeks post op and doing fine. Lost 11kg's in total

aghummel90

#79 Post by aghummel90 »

Checking in here. Had surgery in early June. All the visible swelling is practically gone. Not pleased with the result however :/