Can't tell if I'm clenching or if my jaw is just wired that tightly shut

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SamBracingForIt

Can't tell if I'm clenching or if my jaw is just wired that tightly shut

#1 Post by SamBracingForIt »

Hi Y'all! I'm paranoid that I'm clenching my teeth, but I honestly can't tell if I'm clenching or if the fact that I'm wired shut makes me feel like I'm clenching. I don't want to have a delayed union!! Any similar experiences out there?

Nozzelnut

Re: Can't tell if I'm clenching or if my jaw is just wired that tightly shut

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

After my surgery my muscles were so weak and sore; I had a hard time chewing after 4 weeks. So I doubt you can put enough pressure on things to change your recovery.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

Punakmouth

#3 Post by Punakmouth »

It felt like I was cleanching for 10 days straight. So much pressure!! My doctor says it is normal, but I don't feel like it is because it seems like more people wouybe talking about it?! I compared it to a pitbull. Feels like you couldn't open it even if you tried? How has your recovery been? Did it turn out to be a bad union?

Punakmouth

#4 Post by Punakmouth »

It felt like I was cleanching for 10 days straight. So much pressure!! My doctor says it is normal, but I don't feel like it is because it seems like more people wouybe talking about it?! I compared it to a pitbull. Feels like you couldn't open it even if you tried? How has your recovery been? Did it turn out to be a bad union?

xjoe28

#5 Post by xjoe28 »

I made the mistake of blending a medible into my protein shake about 4 weeks out. Made me feel everything so much more! It felt like I was clenching with thousands of pounds of force!

SamBracingForIt

#6 Post by SamBracingForIt »

haha i was about 5 days post op when I made this post, so I was paranoid about literally everything. I got used to the clenched teeth feeling. So far so good though, and now I'm at 9 weeks post op. At 6 weeks, my surgeon said everything looked great, and I was given the green light to go back to my orthodontist. No more appointments with my surgeon unless a problem should arise.