Post op day 8 BSSO, Genio, and traumatic septoplasty!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kellyk282

Post op day 8 BSSO, Genio, and traumatic septoplasty!

#1 Post by Kellyk282 »

Hi! I'm almost 30 and finally had my BSSO and Genioplasty last week after much preparation. I still didn't feel ready!
Of note, this is actually my second time with braces. As a kid, I had a severe overbite and my parents wouldnt agree to surgery so he kind of made it work but was never able to fix the problem. 2 years ago, I decided as an adult to proceed. And here we are!
The overall impression of my surgery:
The first few days were significantly worse than I thought. it was actually fairly hard to get through. While nasally intubating me, however, they 'degloved' my inner nares, and my septum was so thin and deviated, he moved my nose over a centimeter. This affected my oral surgery because I was unable to breathe out of my nose. my mouth was of course wired shut and the only air hole in my mouth was in the back of one side past my molars. This made puking up blood (from the nose in surgery probably) especially miserable for the first two days, mostly in the hospital. Also, my surgery was like 10 hours long and I have pressure sores on my sacrum.

DIET: Basically only Rich Milk Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfasts with whole milk, and I shoot for 6x a day. Sometimes chocolate shakes. Smoothies have been upsetting my stomach (the acidity?) so I'm very limited as I need high calorie and high protein. WOULD LOVE SUGGESTIONS!!! Today I made chicken delight ( boiled potato and carrot, blended grilled chicken breast, and lots of broth). It was okay to have something savory. I'd like something crunchy more. I'm craving french fries, cheese curds, mac n cheese, pizza.

SENSATION: I have lots of pins and needles in my numb chin and lower lip. sometimes burning feeling, sometimes Zings!. Does this mean my nerves are healing and I'm more likely to recover sensation, or does everyone have these sensations regardless of if they regain feeling or not?

BREATHING: Super hard when my nose is clogged, which is always. Suggestions appreciated. My netipot isnt working.

Anyways. I'm off work for a month, my class in grad school is over, so I'd love any insight. Thanks

snapdresser

Re: Post op day 8 BSSO, Genio, and traumatic septoplasty!

#2 Post by snapdresser »

Watch The Wire on HBO On-Demandddd :D
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018