Lefort 1 post op swelling and numbness and end resutlts

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ghen

Lefort 1 post op swelling and numbness and end resutlts

#1 Post by Ghen »

Im new to the forum and have been looking up and down these pages for the last 7 days and been relieved to find people going through the same stuff as me. One thing I haven't really found however was about lips. I had a lefort 1 procedure on my upper jaw to correct for an underbite and a TMJ problem I had on the left side of my jaw. I am 9 days out and have found that Ive taken on a monkey like look and im hoping its mostly swelling. My biggest concern is my upper lip seems very hard to move and I dont use it as much when I speak. Ive been told it was swelling from around my upper lips and cheeks I was just curious if anyone else had gone through anything similar. Also, after healing and swelling went down, has there ever been anyone to not like results after surgery?

snapdresser

Re: Lefort 1 post op swelling and numbness and end resutlts

#2 Post by snapdresser »

The monkey look is from swelling. I had it too. See my response to your other post for some info about the upper lip movement. Yes, pretty much everyone has complaints about what isn’t perfect about themselves post-op, but most people don’t seem to regret the surgery. Some do, especially those who had a prominent chin that was moved back and those with zero tooth show post-op.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018