17 days post double jaw surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xjoe28

17 days post double jaw surgery

#1 Post by xjoe28 »

Hi all,
I am a very paranoid person and I’m having very bad anxiety 17 days post double saw surgery. Today was my bday and it was the worst bday by far. I’m now 26 yo.

I’m having concerns now because I seen my surgeon and my orthos on Wednesday. They said verything looks good. The orthos adjusted the bands on my right side to a different configuration to fix my open bite in the back.
It’s now Saturday night and I’m noticing my midline is better but my lower jaw is now a tad to the right. Should I be concerned? I see my surgeon this Thursday, but my orthos not for 6-8 weeks. I’m really going through it right now everytime I look in the mirror. Should I call them tomorrow even though they are closed Sunday? Is this normal? If it gets worse what should I do? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much during this toughest time in my life. I’m really emotional and I just want everything to be ok. I’m crushing Xanax in my water to help me but I still can’t help but worry.
Please help.
Thank you so much guys.

Joe

N2Deep

Re: 17 days post double jaw surgery

#2 Post by N2Deep »

Hi I am currently about 17 days post op myself and have a posterior open bite. Currently in box elastics from the surgeon but don't see my ortho until the 22nd. How did everything turn out for you?

xjoe28

Re: 17 days post double jaw surgery

#3 Post by xjoe28 »

Sorry for the late reply @N2DEEP.

I am over 7 months out now. I REALLY went through it my first month or 2. I naturally have high anxiety so I was all but convinced everything was going wrong despite my surgeons and orthos all saying everything is fine. I put myself through hell and back.
I am 7 months out now. All my worries are gone. I've been cut loose by my surgeon. The swelling and all signs of surgery are gone. Im talking 90-100% normal. Braces coming off in 3-4 months(hopefully). My feeling on my right side is 90% back. Left side is still only 50% or so but it is coming back VERY SLOWLY which probably means it will be back fully someday, and not permanently numb. Now that I am this far out, I can say I am happy I had this done. Maybe some people are stronger(mentally and physically) then others and have easier recoveries? But I can tell you I went through mentally just about as much as I did physically. It will pass. Trust me when I tell you if I can do it, you can.

How is your recovery going?