April - June Surgery Buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

QQvine

Re: April - June Surgery Buddies

#16 Post by QQvine »

I followed the instructions and took twice a day for 3 days. I opened the capsule, put the powder in syringe, mixed with water, and tasted pretty bitter :( I found out that 10ml syringe size is perfect for eating later on. Good luck, you will be fine. As of today, I felt no pain except the first two days.

HikaRiku2

#17 Post by HikaRiku2 »

QQVine

I had my surgery Wednesday so I'm 3 weeks post op today. I've been using my pain med sporadically and trying to reduce the doasge too cause I don't want to become hooked or anything. I can usually go 5 hours or so until the pain is becoming to unbearable with half doses so that's good. If I message a bit off, it's from the PK lol. The surgeron's resident staff said everything went as planned. Lefort 1 in 2 pieces with a little bit of impaction with IVRO on lower jaw, wired shut and in a splint. The wiring and splint has been tough on me cause it's so tight and painful at times that I think my teeth will break when I swallow! It's crazy.
I've used the turmeric and vitamin B complex. I bought the Chinese med and was gonna use it but once I got home from the hospital, I don't experience bleeding. I'd use it to help with swelling but I don't want to put too much too quickly into my body. My swelling is mostly in the middle of my face since I've been icing the sides of my face. I hope the swelling will subside in the near future!

QQvine

#18 Post by QQvine »

If you don't experience bleeding, then you don't need to use Chinese medicine then. I had nose bleeding for the first two days like running nose. Glad to hear your surgery went well. I am at 6 weeks post-op. Doctor removed splint at 6 weeks and no pain so far. Doctor will check my bite at 7 or 8 weeks mark. Use moist heat pack to ease aching.

HikaRiku2

#19 Post by HikaRiku2 »

NnjhTo my previous post, I meant I'm 2 days post op. So happy for you to get your splint out! Lucky. How does it feel? The mucus build up around my splint is ridiculous I can hardly breath.

QQvine

#20 Post by QQvine »

Have you been to this site yet? https://www.doublejawsurgery.com/2010/0 ... -pictures/
You can join the chat site from there, and have pm.

HikaRiku2

#21 Post by HikaRiku2 »

Thanks for sending me the link! I think it will definitely be helpful.

AlfAteCats

#22 Post by AlfAteCats »

I had my surgery on June 7. Splint came out yesterday. BSSO, LeFort 1, chin implant (replaced an old one, genioplasty wasn't possible, I has too much bone erosion), and submalar implants.

It's amazing that my teeth click together, but...
1. My submalar implants are WAY too small.
2. My chin implant is WAY too wide and just drops off where it ends at my antegonial notch. I need a new one that is more V shaped and less U shaped, PLUS jaw angle implants.
3. My lower left jaw shattered instead of splitting during my BSSO.
4. Now my hardware is infected and I'm on heavy antibiotics until they can remove it.

FML.

HikaRiku2

#23 Post by HikaRiku2 »

Oh my gosh so much happening to you AAC.. the occlusion looks like it's working well for you but the implants for your face isn't what you feel looks best on you. It's only been a month since surgery so just give it more time for you to heal more properly, recommended 6 mos, so that you can see more proper results. Did your surgeon say these things or you are seeing them yourself?
And yowch for the shattering, anything could happen during surgery and with bone erosion you said earlier, maybe your bone is more brittle with the major surgery? I'd recommend trying to take certain vitamins to help increase the health of your bones, esp if they plan on going back in for hardware. I'm glad they're taking extra procautions to give you proper antibiotics. Try to keep your chin up! Jaw surgery is super tough and know that we're here having the same thing done too so you're not alone in this struggle. Stay positive that things will become better and they will! Positive outlook gives for positive results.

MPBanana

#24 Post by MPBanana »

Hi Everyone,

I am 4 months now POST-OP from BSSO Mandible 7mm advancement on 8 May 2017. I enjoy reading some of the comments and updates from people on here. I have been having issues with fatigue that has not seemed to be going away as well as a delayed-union on the right side of my jaw. I do not know if it will require surgery but will post on here the update. What is everyones weight status from loss to weight gain so far?

Jeika09

#25 Post by Jeika09 »

Hi I was wondering I was wired shut for 4 weeks and it’s been a week sense they took the wires off. I can’t seem to open my mouth. Did u have the same issue.?