January - March 2017 Surgery Buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aep4pDC

January - March 2017 Surgery Buddies

#1 Post by aep4pDC »

I'm scheduled for surgery on February 7th to include upper, lower, turbinate reduction, septoplasty, genioplasty, and wisdom teeth removal. My surgeon's office is submitting the paperwork to my insurance for pre-authorization now so as long as all goes well with that, I'm one month out :shock:

Curious who else is kicking off 2017 with this journey!

Collie

Re: January - March 2017 Surgery Buddies

#2 Post by Collie »

Me! I'm having SARPE on Feb 6th. I've been waiting for this since July of last year. I'm nervous but so excited to finally get this journey started. :GapToothed:

snapdresser

#3 Post by snapdresser »

aep4pDC wrote:I'm scheduled for surgery on February 7th to include upper, lower, turbinate reduction, septoplasty, genioplasty, and wisdom teeth removal. My surgeon's office is submitting the paperwork to my insurance for pre-authorization now so as long as all goes well with that, I'm one month out :shock:

Wow! You're getting the "Platinum Package" there, eh? :lol: Awesome and good luck! :thumbsup:
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

buttersnacks

#4 Post by buttersnacks »

I go in for lower jaw surgery tomorrow, Jan 10th! I'm a little nervous about the liquid diet thing, I haven't really prepared for that at all besides the first few days with broth and ensure... Wish I still lived near my parents.. I'm 32 and I need my mom :lol:

aep4pDC

#5 Post by aep4pDC »

buttersnacks wrote:I go in for lower jaw surgery tomorrow, Jan 10th! I'm a little nervous about the liquid diet thing, I haven't really prepared for that at all besides the first few days with broth and ensure... Wish I still lived near my parents.. I'm 32 and I need my mom :lol:
Good luck, buttersnacks! I'm sure you'll do great, and be so happy to have it over with this time tomorrow. Let us know how it went when you're feeling up to it post-surgery!

aep4pDC

#6 Post by aep4pDC »

snapdresser wrote:
aep4pDC wrote:I'm scheduled for surgery on February 7th to include upper, lower, turbinate reduction, septoplasty, genioplasty, and wisdom teeth removal. My surgeon's office is submitting the paperwork to my insurance for pre-authorization now so as long as all goes well with that, I'm one month out :shock:

Wow! You're getting the "Platinum Package" there, eh? :lol: Awesome and good luck! :thumbsup:
Thanks, snap! I'm meeting with my surgeon on Thursday, and kinda want to ask him - sooo, how will my recovery from 6 procedures compare to expected standard double jaw surgery recovery. I think Nozzelnut from your surgery timeline buddy group had a number of procedures at the same time so I'll have to reach out to him :D

snapdresser

#7 Post by snapdresser »

aep4pDC wrote:I think Nozzelnut from your surgery timeline buddy group had a number of procedures at the same time so I'll have to reach out to him :D
Yep, but I think you're getting even more than he did done. I don't think he got his wisdom teeth out. Should be pretty neat when you start seeing your final results! It'll be a big change, I'm sure :)
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

UnevenJAG

#8 Post by UnevenJAG »

My surgery is tomorrow!!! (Jan 11th) can't sleep as too nervous/excited lol.
**Uppers Braced 18/07/2014**
**Bottoms Braced 17/09/2015**
Double Jaw surgery 11th Jan 2017
Blog - http://jacintasjawsurgery.com

aep4pDC

#9 Post by aep4pDC »

UnevenJAG wrote:My surgery is tomorrow!!! (Jan 11th) can't sleep as too nervous/excited lol.
Good luck tomorrow, UnevenJAG! Will be thinking of you! Let us know how it went afterwards when you're feeling up to it.

UnevenJAG

#10 Post by UnevenJAG »

Good luck tomorrow, UnevenJAG! Will be thinking of you! Let us know how it went afterwards when you're feeling up to it.[/quote]

Thank you!! I ended up getting all of 2.5 sleep lol. I'll be sure to post an update once I can :)
**Uppers Braced 18/07/2014**
**Bottoms Braced 17/09/2015**
Double Jaw surgery 11th Jan 2017
Blog - http://jacintasjawsurgery.com

buttersnacks

#11 Post by buttersnacks »

UnevenJAG wrote:My surgery is tomorrow!!! (Jan 11th) can't sleep as too nervous/excited lol.
Good luck! I just woke up from my post-surgery nap. Took some hycet right before I went to sleep, not sure how much effect it still is having on me 5 hours later, but I feel surprisingly alright so far. The most surprising thing is how tightly my jaw is wired shut. I've tried opening it by instinct a couple times, while clearing my throat or something similar, and nope, it's not going anywhere lol. Just keep calm, get a good night's sleep, and don't worry, your surgery team will take great care of you :)

pechellaa

#12 Post by pechellaa »

Just found out yesterday that I'm getting my double jaw surgery on Jan. 30th!! Super excited, but holy hell, I'm so scared now.

LovelyLeah

#13 Post by LovelyLeah »

SARPE was really soooo much easier then I imagined, the worst part is the anxiety. Constantly scouring this board was a blessing to keep me informed but also made me so nervous. I had such an easy recovery and the results were AMAZING! Even though it's small changes everyday, one day you'll see an old picture of post-surgery compared to your true self and be boggled. The build up was the worst for me and here's to hoping double jaw surgery is not too bad!

trett

#14 Post by trett »

I'm having surgery Feb 2nd, so exactly 3 weeks from today. 3-piece Lefort 1, BSSO, and genioplasty. Looking forward to it since it's been a long journey to get here.

TylerWithBraces

#15 Post by TylerWithBraces »

Wowww you're getting so much done at once. How is that even possible. I got my wisdoms out beforehand.