My surgeon is not sure what to do

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Class2geo

Re: My surgeon is not sure what to do

#16 Post by Class2geo »

My current surgeon seems to have preety good credentials. He is in fact board certified. What do you think? http://www.vernonhillsoralsurgery.com/.

underbitewars

#17 Post by underbitewars »

I have no knowledge of your surgeon but it sounds to me like he's being thoughtful so don't be hasty to switch. Some surgeon telling you he/she knows exactly how to "fix you" doesn't necessarily guarantee results you'll be happy with either. That said, you could get a second opinion.

glennstanzalone

#18 Post by glennstanzalone »

Class2geo wrote:My current surgeon seems to have preety good credentials. He is in fact board certified. What do you think? http://www.vernonhillsoralsurgery.com/.
He seems to be well credentialed. I would still get a second opinion. I've seen about 4 doctors who all told me I was a good candidate for jaw surgery before settling on my surgeon. A couple orthodontists, and 2 OMFS before meeting my surgeon. I'd take your x-rays around to a couple other doctors and just see what they say. It couldn't hurt. You don't need to switch doctors, just get their opinions.
Wisdom Teeth Removal - 2008
Adult Braces - February 4th 2016
:twisted: Lefort I 3 piece, Septoplasty & BSSO with rigid fixation + Left side IVRO - August 5th 2016
Braces off - February 28th, 2017!!

EWUgal15

#19 Post by EWUgal15 »

underbitewars wrote:I have no knowledge of your surgeon but it sounds to me like he's being thoughtful so don't be hasty to switch. Some surgeon telling you he/she knows exactly how to "fix you" doesn't necessarily guarantee results you'll be happy with either. That said, you could get a second opinion.
I agree with this statement as well. I only met with one surgeon, which was probably a mistake on my part to be honest, but I'm still happy with how everything has turned out. I definitely think that multiple consults (which are normally free) will help put things at ease.