Vacation 20 days after surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aubreyskingdom

Vacation 20 days after surgery

#1 Post by aubreyskingdom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:23 am

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for this but I had a quick question.

I have surgery Oct 5 (yay, only a few more days!), and the doctor performing the surgery and the anesthetist both said I should be good to go to Florida 20 days after the day of surgery (I will be flying out Oct 25), my boyfriend and I are doing Universal Studios and then Walt Disney World for 2 weeks. I know I'll be limited to soft foods, but what else will be affected? Will I be more tired, sore, etc? I've read some journals that people have posted of their recovery and I know everyone's different but it seems like generally I should be okay. Just nervous and hopefully that things will go smoothly!

snapdresser

Re: Vacation 20 days after surgery

#2 Post by snapdresser » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:33 am

I was still getting kinda tired in Week 3, but if you start using caffeine again you'll probably be ok, I would think. Having to forgo delicious theme park food won't be fun tho :evil:
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!

EWUgal15

#3 Post by EWUgal15 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:43 am

I think the kind of surgery makes a difference too...double jaw vs upper/lower only. I am scheduled for lower only and was told I only need 7-10 days for initial recovery and to work part time after that because I'll feel tired.

I went to Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando and there was a ton of delicious food there! I hope you get to experience some amazing stuff!

aubreyskingdom

#4 Post by aubreyskingdom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:28 pm

[quote="EWUgal15"]I think the kind of surgery makes a difference too...double jaw vs upper/lower only. I am scheduled for lower only and was told I only need 7-10 days for initial recovery and to work part time after that because I'll feel tired.

I went to Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando and there was a ton of delicious food there! I hope you get to experience some amazing stuff![/quote]

It's double jaw, sad but happy at the same time haha. Sad cause it'll be a longer healing time but happy because it will make a huge difference. Yeah, I love food, especially theme park food so maybe I can smoosh some up and still enjoy some things :-)

EWUgal15

#5 Post by EWUgal15 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 am

Maybe Jaime could chime in on this one. I know she had double jaw surgery and was traveling back and forth between Canada and the US, but admittedly I don't know how far her travels were and she was driving.

adorkable8605

#6 Post by adorkable8605 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:16 am

I had double jaw surgery in August and I made sure to be very active as soon as I felt up to it...So, on day 4 I was up and about running errands and walking the dogs (with swollen, bruised face). I was back at school and doing clinicals at two weeks and other then talking weird I was good. I work seasonally at Disney and started picking up shifts at 3 weeks. Are you going to do rides while you're here? I still haven't braved any rides yet, but plan on doing Epcot's food and wine asap...It's my favorite. While your here make sure to check it out, there is soup and soft food...it's so yummy. You should be fine, I hope you have a blast!