June/July 2015 Surgery Buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nozzelnut

Re: June/July 2015 Surgery Buddies

#871 Post by Nozzelnut »

More of the same; but I did get the ortho to bend the wire out; for some more width. Getting closer to where I was after the expander last year; starting to feel like the braces are rubbing everything inside my cheeks again; which is good. Made some other tweaks and bends in the upper wire. The gap between some lower teeth from the elastics was closed over night by the new power chains. First time in a while things were sore that night.

They're planning on closing the upper and lower gap in a couple appointments. She wanted me back in no more than 3 weeks for my next one so things didn't move too much...
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

jaime

#872 Post by jaime »

CHECK OUT THE NEW DATE IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! :-* :-* :jump: :BigGrin: :heart: :thumbsup: :-1 :-** +\+
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Nozzelnut

#873 Post by Nozzelnut »

Congrats Jaime!!!!!!! That's awesome!!! :jump:

No date for me and I have another appointment tomorrow. :cry:
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months

jaime

#874 Post by jaime »

Nozzelnut wrote:Congrats Jaime!!!!!!! That's awesome!!! :jump:

No date for me and I have another appointment tomorrow. :cry:
I hope it goes well!! If it's any consolation, you will probably end up with a better result. Mine's not perfect but I just don't have it in me to give it like another 6 months to keep going. This week is 3 years since I went in for my consultation with my ortho, I'm ready to move on.
My blog

Nozzelnut

#875 Post by Nozzelnut »

I only want to do this once; so I'll keep them on until they're as good as they can get. I hope I can talk with the ortho tomorrow about making more tongue room. I'll do whatever it takes at this point.

December will be my 3 year anniversary for starting treatment.

snapdresser

#876 Post by snapdresser »

jaime wrote:CHECK OUT THE NEW DATE IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! :-* :-* :jump: :BigGrin: :heart: :thumbsup: :-1 :-** +\+
Congrats, Jaime! That's great news! I suppose you should go ahead and start lining up the photographer for those Christmas card pictures, eh? :lol: I'm happy for you that you're getting them off before Christmas like you wanted :mrgreen: Looking forward to that Last Day With Braces vid!
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

Nozzelnut

#877 Post by Nozzelnut »

A couple more bends in the upper wire; torqueing a couple teeth, bent both wires out for added width, more elastics; class 3 on the right and triangle on the left; and did a little grinding of a tooth that was hitting my upper. Next appointment in 3 weeks.

She asked if I had any need for having my braces removed by a certain date; I told her I want things as good as they can be with no specific date in mind. She looked a bit confused when I answered; guess she thought I'd give her a specific time frame.

Jaime; looking forward to your braces off video too!

jaime

#878 Post by jaime »

Nozzelnut wrote:A couple more bends in the upper wire; torqueing a couple teeth, bent both wires out for added width, more elastics; class 3 on the right and triangle on the left; and did a little grinding of a tooth that was hitting my upper. Next appointment in 3 weeks.

She asked if I had any need for having my braces removed by a certain date; I told her I want things as good as they can be with no specific date in mind. She looked a bit confused when I answered; guess she thought I'd give her a specific time frame.

Jaime; looking forward to your braces off video too!
Sounds like we may have the same elastics configuration right now?! I've got class III on the right, class II on the left. I'm on night-time only wear right now and it is super weird to be all willy-nilly during the day.

Hopefully not much longer left for you! You have a lot more patience than I do!

The idea that I'm going to done with braces is sinking in and it's scary as much as it is exciting. :shock:
My blog

snapdresser

#879 Post by snapdresser »

jaime wrote:The idea that I'm going to done with braces is sinking in and it's scary as much as it is exciting. :shock:
Did you have braces as a teen? It's a wacky feeling being able to feel your teeth for the first time in years. They feel all slippery :lol:
No braces

jaime

#880 Post by jaime »

snapdresser wrote:
jaime wrote:The idea that I'm going to done with braces is sinking in and it's scary as much as it is exciting. :shock:
Did you have braces as a teen? It's a wacky feeling being able to feel your teeth for the first time in years. They feel all slippery :lol:
I didn't, that's why they were so jacked up when I started all this.

I've heard they feel slimy and look gigantic. I've been trying to look at my teeth while squinting in low light, because it's harder to see the braces.

I made a lunch date for right after I get my braces off. Hopefully things aren't sore and the ortho doesn't say, "No eating for a few hours." Too damn bad, this lady's got some teeth to show off to old coworkers!
My blog

snapdresser

#881 Post by snapdresser »

jaime wrote:I've been trying to look at my teeth while squinting in low light, because it's harder to see the braces.
Hahaha that's soooo you :lol: I think my teeth did feel a little sore afterwards, but I think I was allowed to eat whatever I wanted. Lol you tell that orthodontist off on your final visit! :o
No braces

Nozzelnut

#882 Post by Nozzelnut »

Take it easy with the lunch choices! Soft foods for sure.

I'm going to guess that when I get mine off; it's going to feel like individual teeth are being ripped out of my mouth when I bite into something; due to the pressure being more evenly distributed when the braces are on...

The good news for me is if anything changes after they come off, my orthodontist also works with aligners. So if there are any problems with teeth shifting; we can go that route instead of braces; again...

jaime

#883 Post by jaime »

Nozzelnut wrote:The good news for me is if anything changes after they come off, my orthodontist also works with aligners. So if there are any problems with teeth shifting; we can go that route instead of braces; again...
I've thought about that, too. We'd probably be Invisalign candidates now that everything is almost perfect.

Do you have ceramic on all of your uppers or just the "social six"? I have the latter and the rest are metal. Apparently ceramic hurts more coming off so I'm a bit nervous about that.
My blog

glennstanzalone

#884 Post by glennstanzalone »

jaime wrote:
Nozzelnut wrote:The good news for me is if anything changes after they come off, my orthodontist also works with aligners. So if there are any problems with teeth shifting; we can go that route instead of braces; again...
I've thought about that, too. We'd probably be Invisalign candidates now that everything is almost perfect.

Do you have ceramic on all of your uppers or just the "social six"? I have the latter and the rest are metal. Apparently ceramic hurts more coming off so I'm a bit nervous about that.
Don't stress it. I've had 3 of my ceramic braces pop off and have to be reapplied and it didn't hurt a bit. The worst part is when they scrape off the cement, but that's the same for all brackets.
Wisdom Teeth Removal - 2008
Adult Braces - February 4th 2016
:twisted: Lefort I 3 piece, Septoplasty & BSSO with rigid fixation + Left side IVRO - August 5th 2016
Braces off - February 28th, 2017!!

Nozzelnut

#885 Post by Nozzelnut »

I have ceramics on 8 of my uppers; not sure why not 6 but I didn't ask way back when. When I get my debrace date I'm probably going to take some Advil before I go.