Lumps afte jaw surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lislap89

Lumps afte jaw surgery

#1 Post by Lislap89 »

I just had lower jaw surgery and genioplasty last week and I just noticed (although still swollen) that it feels like there is a lump in my jaw around where the incision was when I feel my jaw under my chin. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Or is it just part of the healing?

sirwired

Re: Lumps afte jaw surgery

#2 Post by sirwired »

I'd be worried if it began to grow dramatically. If it just stays there, just bring it up during your next appt.

wishingjaw

#3 Post by wishingjaw »

[quote="Lislap89"]I just had lower jaw surgery and genioplasty last week and I just noticed (although still swollen) that it feels like there is a lump in my jaw around where the incision was when I feel my jaw under my chin. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Or is it just part of the healing?[/quote]

Usually it is a scar tissue and will go away over the course of a few months. But it could also be bone fragment

Lislap89

#4 Post by Lislap89 »

Ok, yeah I'm trying not to deal myself out and just ask my surgeon about it next week at my first post op appt. Hope it's nothing!

kittyorthog

#5 Post by kittyorthog »

Hi Lislap89,

I wanted to follow up and ask what has happened to your lump since you posted the above?

I just had an orthognathic surgery a week ago and on the second day as the swelling/numbness started going down, I noticed a hard lump under on my left jaw area. Nurses and doctors told me it was just blood bruises and will eventually melt away. However, today has been a week and I think the lump today has noticeably increased. Just wanted to know what this is and if it will go away at all. Currently my whole chin and lower lip is numb and the lump is not painful at the moment.

elektrikkiss

#6 Post by elektrikkiss »

Hi any update regarding did the bump go away i have the same issue