Before and After Pics (SARPE & Upper and Lower...)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

awags

Before and After Pics (SARPE & Upper and Lower...)

#1 Post by awags »

Hi Guys, I began my journey just about three years ago. It began with SARPE surgery in April, 2010 and then Upper and Lower jaw surgery in December 2011. I was pretty much born with one of the worst mouth situations ever. Not only did my jaws not align properly, I also had deformed/discolored teeth (genetics, antibiotics, no one really knows why). I always hated my smile and when you see the pictures, you'll understand why. I never smiled showing my teeth! The pictures don't show it, but I had a really gummy smile if I was ever caught naturally smiling. Anyhow, I've always wanted cosmetic work done so the deal I made with myself was that once the surgeries were done and the braces came off, I'd get some type of veneers for my top teeth.

My braces came off November 1st, and then I began working with an amazing dentist to get the cosmetic work done. Ultimately I decided to have Lumineers placed- one thing led to another, and before I knew it, I had the company who makes the Lumineers, DenMat, asking if I'd be their new poster child. The Lumineers turned out wonderful, in my opinion! Just last week they flew a photographer to Chicago where I'm located, for a photoshoot. From what I understand, my picture is going to be on all of their new marketing materials which is totally surreal for me!

People always ask if I'd go through it again now that I know what it's like and my answer is YES! I used to have pain in my jaw, and that's gone. My face looks more balanced, and I FINALLY got the cosmetic work done that I had wanted to do for as long as I could remember. If you have questions, let me know. :)

This is my "before" picture - February 2010:

This is six months after SARPE Surgery August 2010 (after the dreaded gap closed!:

This is one month prior to upper and lower jaw surgery November 2011:

This is one month post upper and lower jaw surgery in January 2012 - my face was still very swollen and "deformed" at this point!:

This is four months post upper and lower jaw surgery in April 2012 - my face still has some swelling going on:

And this is the final product with braces off, all swelling gone, and 8 Lumineers placed. I couldn't be happier with the end result! This is one of the photos taken by a professional for the Lumineers photoshoot I just did last week.

Photo credit: Charles Bush Photography

It's been quite the journey, and I'd be happy to answer any questions! :)

mollyluise

Re: Before and After Pics (SARPE & Upper and Lower...)

#2 Post by mollyluise »

Oh my goodness! What an incredible transformation. You must be so happy with your smile- it's flawless! Sometimes this road of dental work can seem seriously long... this puts it clearly in perspective that it is all worth it! Good for you!!!!

30 years old, In-Ovation C, estimated 16-18 months :)

LonnieCollis

#3 Post by LonnieCollis »

Ya thats soo good its gorgeous, but I know the pain when removing it. But to get something we have to give something.

chromegrill

#4 Post by chromegrill »

You look amazing!

Tobilei

#5 Post by Tobilei »

I agree! You look wonderful! You must be stoked with the outcome :mrgreen:

foxparadox

#6 Post by foxparadox »

Absolutely stunning!!!

awags

#7 Post by awags »

Ya'll know how to make a girl feel good! To say I am happy with the results is an understatement. It was worth every gosh darn penny, and all the pain and hassle! I'd do it all over again, I don't think I've ever been this happy! :)

bracedupgabster

#8 Post by bracedupgabster »

Incredible results. Makes me glad I'm going through the process. Definitely worth it after seeing your transformation.

I have had braces for 4 months and just had a LeFort Osteomy I/SARPE Jan 30th...I'm on my way.

awags

#9 Post by awags »

@bracedupgabster : You're well on your way! Congrats! I remember crying after SARPE when my gap was HUGE because it felt like I'd never be done with it all and I felt so ugly. I had to remind myself every.single.day that I wanted it, and it'd be worth the wait. At least I had been hoping it'd be worth the wait and pain and hassle. In the end it was, and it feels good to be done. Good luck on your journey, it'll be done before ya know it! :)

klobird

#10 Post by klobird »

STUNNING! JUST STUNNING! :HugeGrin:

Mylovedtheeth

#11 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Awesome results!!!!!!!!
I will never decided to go two surgery because fear of pain.
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

awags

#12 Post by awags »

If you read my post above, I mentioned that I ended up doing a photo shoot for a dental company called DenMat for their product called Lumineers. Once my braces came off I had some cosmetic dental work done (a little reward to myself for going through two surgeries!). Anyhow, I Just got to see the ad. This one targets dentists and is in Inside Dentistry and Compendium for the month of February, but I also hear they are working on a new ad that targets the general public and will be in national magazines. Anyhow, here's a look at the ad! It was fun to send this off to my orthodontist and surgeon, and to thank them for their role in making this smile!

junebug90

#13 Post by junebug90 »

Hi awags. I'm also located in Chicago and am in search of an oral surgeon and cosmetic dentist. My ortho is recommending SARPE and double jaw surgery. I'm just beginning my hunt and your results are amazing! Would you mind sharing their info? Thanks!

Jaydee83

#14 Post by Jaydee83 »

First of all wow! What an incredible transformation I had sarpe surgery 6 months ago and I will be starting my braces journey next week! Eek! I'm glad it was worth it for you my turn now lol

kirving

#15 Post by kirving »

Thanks for the post. About to undergo a similar procedure myself and great to see a final result that looks so good! Congratulations!