Eating at 7 weeks

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bomb

Eating at 7 weeks

#1 Post by Bomb »

Got the go ahead to start eating solid foods. No way. One, I bite my lip when I chew because it is still numb. Two, the gims are numb so the sensation for chewing is way off. Three, nothing is natural. I am jsut forgoing the food processor and swallowing whole. What is anyone else at 7 weeks experiencing?

CaliforniaKid

Re: Eating at 7 weeks

#2 Post by CaliforniaKid »

lol 7 weeks and eating solid foods? i was drinking milkshakes less than a day ago and im slightly more than 8 weeks. easy food to eat is mac and cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwich with soft soft bread (no whole grain, sorry) non-rice pudding...etc.

keeponsmiling

#3 Post by keeponsmiling »

Yeah - I felt like I'd forgotten how to chew. It was like the food was in my mouth but I just couldn't remember what to do with it! You'll get there - just give it a little more time and concentrate on how nice it is not to be liquidising everything. I recommend mashed veg with cheese sauce or onion gravy, mashed banana with ice cream or chocolate spread (melt it slightly in the microwave and pour it on), brioche is softer than normal bread, and stewed apple and rhubarb with custard worked well too, especially with a little cinnamon sprinkled over it. In fact, I'm more than happy to eat those things even now, six months post-op!

Bomb

#4 Post by Bomb »

Each day seems to get better. Still biting my lip and no more sense of feeling being gained. I wonder is things start to change in terms of eating and biting when ortho starts back on braces work?