6 Months Post Op - (JAN/FEB/MAR Buddies) Weird Jaw Pressure?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AWSeibert

6 Months Post Op - (JAN/FEB/MAR Buddies) Weird Jaw Pressure?

#1 Post by AWSeibert »

Hello All!

So I am about 6 months post op now, I had my surgery (lefort (multi), BSSO, Septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction) on January 30, 2012. Recovery has been pretty smooth since the 6 week mark. I have a small square of numbness still on my chin but it doesn't bother me really. The two instances that come around sporadically and bother me a bit are below.

1. Sometimes when I breathe through my nose regularly, I will get the sensitive numbing sensation in my front teeth, normally my left front tooth like I have just bitten into something really cold like ice cream. It's a pretty sensitive shock that lasts with every breath through my nose for a good while or until I stop noticing it at least. I also think it could be connected to my next complaint in some way as well.

2. Sometimes when I breathe in through my nose hard like sniffing hard after a sneeze or whatever, I experience this insane amount of pressure on the left side of my face in my upper jaw back near my molars. It gets to the point where the whole left side of my face hurts (like today, hence why I am posting today :D ) It almost feels like when I sniff it creates a negative pressure or something that forces my jaw bone to move in some way that it isn't used to hence the discomfort and pain.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Other than those two complaints, I only have experienced popping my the right side of my jaw when I open my mouth to start eating, no other time.

Thanks in advance!

Ashleigh