Difficulty Finding Surgeon to Perform Revision Surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

zaynab5

Re: Difficulty Finding Surgeon to Perform Revision Surgery

#16 Post by zaynab5 »

Does anbody know a Uk based jaw syrgeon qho is expert in doing complex redo/ revision
Thanks

zaynab5

#17 Post by zaynab5 »

Does anybody know UK based jaw surgeon who can do complex jaw redo/ revision
Thanks

Sammy123

#18 Post by Sammy123 »

Hi Zaynab were you able to find a uk based surgeon to do a revision

zaynab5

#19 Post by zaynab5 »

Hi sammy,
I am unable t9 find any surgeon who is willing to do revision of my double jaw surgery. Like i really want my face back. It was the worst decison of my life. My jaw is messed up. My surgeon saying that its fine and it turned out to be how they wanted it. My upper jaw was moved forward 2mm and the they pushed upper jaw up from the back 2mm, and my lower jaw was moved back 3mm.
Are you around from Uk aswell

jawregret1

#20 Post by jawregret1 »

zaynab5 wrote:Hi sammy,
I am unable t9 find any surgeon who is willing to do revision of my double jaw surgery. Like i really want my face back. It was the worst decison of my life. My jaw is messed up. My surgeon saying that its fine and it turned out to be how they wanted it. My upper jaw was moved forward 2mm and the they pushed upper jaw up from the back 2mm, and my lower jaw was moved back 3mm.
Are you around from Uk aswell

What exactly are you unhappy with?

zaynab5

#21 Post by zaynab5 »

I feel that my lower jaw has been pushed back too much, and its not straight like qhen i smile it goes to the side. Also my lower jaw/face looks like ive gained weight or i look chubby, whereas before i had nice jawline and my face was flat form the sides of my face. Also my upper lip to the tip of my nose is still numb. Its been 1 year 3 minths since my operation and my upper lips is still numb its so uncomfortable to smile and talk. I hate the way my nose looks now my upper lips till my nose looks like its still swollen. I cant ooen my mouth wide enough anymore.

snapdresser

#22 Post by snapdresser »

zaynab5 wrote:I feel that my lower jaw has been pushed back too much, and its not straight like qhen i smile it goes to the side. Also my lower jaw/face looks like ive gained weight or i look chubby, whereas before i had nice jawline and my face was flat form the sides of my face. Also my upper lip to the tip of my nose is still numb. Its been 1 year 3 minths since my operation and my upper lips is still numb its so uncomfortable to smile and talk. I hate the way my nose looks now my upper lips till my nose looks like its still swollen. I cant ooen my mouth wide enough anymore.
How many of those things are you expecting would be fixed by having a revision? I can tell you that any permanent numbness will probably only get worse.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018

justchillinxo

#23 Post by justchillinxo »

Hi ceanne, could you please tell me who your surgeon was for the chin shaving?

snapdresser

#24 Post by snapdresser »

justchillinxo wrote:Hi ceanne, could you please tell me who your surgeon was for the chin shaving?
Ceanna hasn't posted on this website in 5 years. Make sure you check the date on posts.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018