SARPE picture progress.. I still hate this gap 4 month later

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DivaDeuce007

Re: SARPE picture progress.. I still hate this gap 4 month l

#16 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Minerva wrote:Thanks a lot for the pictures. Please keep up posted.
Sure will!!! I should be uploading new pictures this weekend since i just had an ortho appointment recently :)

BracketRacket

#17 Post by BracketRacket »

You had a bone-borne expander! You are the first (other!) person I've seen with one! Check out my story (click link in my signature) if you want to see my pics. My gap closed a lot on its own before I got the top braces, but you'll get there, I promise! Roughly a year later, the gap between my front teeth has closed completely (actually closed a number of months ago), though I still have space that's now between my lateral incisors and canines...it used to be between my centrals and laterals.

I sent you a PM!

DivaDeuce007

#18 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

BracketRacket wrote:You had a bone-borne expander! You are the first (other!) person I've seen with one! Check out my story (click link in my signature) if you want to see my pics. My gap closed a lot on its own before I got the top braces, but you'll get there, I promise! Roughly a year later, the gap between my front teeth has closed completely (actually closed a number of months ago), though I still have space that's now between my lateral incisors and canines...it used to be between my centrals and laterals.

I sent you a PM!

Im just getting to a computer. I am abt to respond to your reply back & upload new pictures. I'm helping with a summer camp this summer but i got to go home today :) Oh and you wanna know something i didnt even know thats what it was called. I just hated it. I vlogged just about every day about it :(

DivaDeuce007

#19 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

here is 2 updated pics.. same wire from May it will be changed by Aug 8th if not a week or 2 before :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Minerva

#20 Post by Minerva »

Hi,

Another month has almost passed. How are you doing?

DivaDeuce007

#21 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Minerva wrote:Hi,

Another month has almost passed. How are you doing?

Im fairly well. Gap has gone down to 9mm. Just waiting for my next Ortho Appt on Aug 2nd. Im going to post progress pics in August. I cant believe how this whole journey has gone. Its absolutely amazing.
I am finding that my front tooth on the right side is still looking crazy at the gum. It looks like its barely in the gums. I am not sure what that is about but im hoping it will get fixed on its own.

gettingbraces44

#22 Post by gettingbraces44 »

I can't see the pictures. It says: "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. "

I'm kind of new here.

gettingbraces44

#23 Post by gettingbraces44 »

Nevermind, I figured it out. I need 7 or more posts to see it. Sorry about that.

Dentina

#24 Post by Dentina »

I just went through sarpe 12 days ago, and really want to see pics and post mine. ): Im a bit freaked out because so much of my gum is pulling off of one of my front teeth and im not sure its normal. As soon as i get permission ill post, i really need advice!

DivaDeuce007

#25 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Here are my updated pictures! I had an appointment with my orthodontist on Wednesday and got all new wiring then. Its pretty cool to finally have new wiring! Idk what any of these new wires are called. I did show the surgeon and the ortho the Right front tooth and how the root of the tooth seems to be pushing on the gum... they have no clue why.... has this happened to anyone else?!?!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DivaDeuce007

#26 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

the money maker gap LOL

DivaDeuce007

#27 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

gettingbraces44 wrote:I can't see the pictures. It says: "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. "

I'm kind of new here.

Glad you were able to figure it out :)

DivaDeuce007

#28 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Dentina wrote:I just went through sarpe 12 days ago, and really want to see pics and post mine. ): Im a bit freaked out because so much of my gum is pulling off of one of my front teeth and im not sure its normal. As soon as i get permission ill post, i really need advice!
Congrats! do you have a different expander device as me? How are you making out? by pulling off do you mean the expanding of the gums?

DivaDeuce007

Re: SARPE picture progress.. I still hate this gap 7 month l

#29 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Here are some updated pics of my gap.... i had an appt with the ortho this past monday.... he is still really concerned about the one front tooth and the roots position in the gum. No one knows why its like that. But because of this progress is going really slow. I dont know how I feel about this. Its all just taking so much longer than I anticipated. Im 7 months past when I had my SARPE and I feel like in 5 months Im still going to be in the same position I am currently in.

Minerva

#30 Post by Minerva »

Thanks for the new pictures. The gap does seem to be getting smaller

albeit slowly. Are you in pain?