Lax Ligament Syndrome

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarz

Lax Ligament Syndrome

#1 Post by sarz »

:lol: Has anyone else been given the above diagnosis?
I have at last received a bit of information about why my surgery went wrong. The surgeon now claims that he gave me this diagnosis. I must have still been under general anaesthetic when he gave it as I have no recollection of it all. How can people sleep at night when they have told such a major lie???
If I had been given this clinical diagnosis I am sure that the option of a second surgery (that went wrong) would have been discussed in more detail with me. Jeez, I am gonna name and shame soon unless someone gives me some true answers soon.
Anyway, anyone out there that has this syndrome that I apparantly have, please can you offer any advice on it. Thankyou.
:rose:
No Regrets Just Lessons Learned
"What can we do to prevent this from happening again"?

asmileconnectsus

Re: Lax Ligament Syndrome

#2 Post by asmileconnectsus »

sarz- My understanding (and could be wrong) is that this is like hypermobility of the muscles/ligaments around joints. I too have this, but it was discussed in detail before and after surgery. Basically all I can do for myself is to slowly strengthen muscles in the areas without over working them. Over working them can cause the joints to pull out of socket and stretch the ligaments...which then take much much longer to heal and go back to "normal". I have physically therapy every week, and exercises I do every day to help strengthen my joints (jaw included). -Mary

sarz

#3 Post by sarz »

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been crying all day.
I only received this information in a letter today as I have complained about my treatment from this hospital and left them as nothing was explained to me.
They have now given me this diagnosis but have not recommended any treatment for this.
I will visit my doctor when I get time off from work to try to discuss it and see what treatment we have available here in the UK for it. :rose:

freakyteeth

#4 Post by freakyteeth »

HI Sarz,

I was wondering how you were!

I definately think you should demand treatment recommendations.
So sorry this is yet another issue

Hugs.
Braces 1986 & Sept 2007 (age 34)
severe class II impinging overbite
17 missing teeth (genetically)- AXIN 2 genetic mutation
Jan 2010 - genioplasty w/mandibular bone graft (from chin bone)
Jul 2010 - 4 mandibular implants. FAILED
Oct 2010 - re-placement of 3 implants, hardware removal
03/29/2011 - BSSO and 3 piece Lefort I
Sept 2012 - Upper jaw - 4 implants w/bone graft.
Jan 2016 - upper hardware removal, extensive upper bone graft

sarz

#5 Post by sarz »

Hi, I hope that your surgery went well. I have been wondering how you got on too.
Believe me, I am demanding more than treatment options now.
I am gonna name and shame the plebs that provided this treatment.
Healthcare in Britain is meant to be nearly as good as the rest of the world, yet I met a guy from a third world country last week that is putting in a complaint too about his treatment, he says he would would have been treated better in his home country.
Anyhow, I wish you well in your recovery from your surgery and hope that your treatment is going well.
Best wishes to you. :rose:

sarz

#6 Post by sarz »

:?: Anyone else got a strange symbol in their http list when they come on here?

Anyhow, spoken to my GP Practice and they have no indication or written evidence from Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust; stating that I have "Lax Ligament syndrome" So I am going to make the statement that (maxillofacial surgeon) has "Lax Truth Syndrome" I have the evidence to prove it.....

sarz

#7 Post by sarz »

Oops. Very Sorry bbsadmin think the above needs to be blocked off for legal reasons too. It was posted around the same time as the others and I have noticed that it is still on here. I am now leaving this site for a while and apologise to you and all the members on here for telling the truth and for using my right to freedom of speech. My time on this site has been great and I have learnt so much from others that have been through similar experiences to me. I am sorry to have offended anyone but am standing my ground. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you in regards to a conversation held on here during the early hours of the 18/2/2011. A person came on here and posted an answer to one of my questions and the section was blocked off - probably my fault again.
Would you please be able to allow any organisation apart from the people that have recently contacted you access to this section if needed in the future.
I would like to wish everyone on here all the best for the future. Thankyou. :rose:

sarz

#8 Post by sarz »

Before I leave once and for all may I provide a little more advice I have discovered

"Another significant concern is that, even where the statements made by the defendant are entirely false, it may not be possible for a plaintiff to prove all of the elements of defamation. Most people will respond to news that a plaintiff lost a defamation lawsuit by concluding that the allegations were true". Legal advice available online c/o Google.

When someone sent me an imported document did they consider defamation of character?
I have and will always consider the nhs constitution, ethics and law when protecting people that I come into contact with. The Truth will set you free.

Peace out.

http://youtu.be/PcKoYGNj0BU