For those asking about Mouth and Nose changes - Pics Added

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dani73

For those asking about Mouth and Nose changes - Pics Added

#1 Post by Dani73 »

I had BSSO, Lefort I, Genioplasty and Turbinectomy done in November. I am due to have the braces off this month... :D

I have noticed some posts on the changes to the mouth and nose after surgery and thought I would show you the before and after pictures of mine... The before pictures were taken a couple of weeks before surgery, the after were taken this weekend just gone... Sorry the quality isn't great as I took the photo's on the webcam...

Nose before

Nose after (I did not have Rhinoplasty, I only had a Turbinectomy) it's not hard to figure out that my nostrils are alot wider.

Mouth Before (on resting) sorry about the wax on my bottom tooth lol

Mouth After (on resting) and the lips are fuller and shaped different (still can't believe how exposed my teeth were before)

Crazy4Snow

Re: For those asking about Mouth and Nose changes - Pics Add

#2 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Wow! What a difference! I'm finding the surgical aspect of mouth/teeth correction very interesting...there is a lot more to straightening your teeth than braces, I hope for me it won't require anything drastic.

ReoSity

#3 Post by ReoSity »

Amazing before/after! Looks like your lip incompetence was completely eliminated, what were your exact dentofacial issues if you don't mind sharing?

Dani73

#4 Post by Dani73 »

ReoSity - here is the link from a post I did back in Aug 2008 HTH - I was asking questions about the report I had received.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27812&p=278851#p278851

trossi

#5 Post by trossi »

Wow what a difference, you look great though! Everything looks balanced. You had a narrow nose prior to surgery so the slight width that was a result isn't bad actually, your nose looks great. I have a narrow nose so I don't think I would be too upset if my nose widens slightly after surgery.

bracedfaced

#6 Post by bracedfaced »

Your results are excellent...quite flattering! My nose is really thin and long like yours was so I also think I won't be too upset if mine widens a bit. Nice work! Thank you very much for posting your pics!!!!!!! :-)

ReoSity

#7 Post by ReoSity »

Dani73 wrote:ReoSity - here is the link from a post I did back in Aug 2008 HTH - I was asking questions about the report I had received.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27812&p=278851#p278851
Thanks. Who was your surgeon?