Openbite/TMJ and long face syndrome

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yeahyeahyeah

Openbite/TMJ and long face syndrome

#1 Post by yeahyeahyeah »

Hi I have all 3 problems, and it has affected my looks. Can those who have completed the procedure please show me before-after pics, so I can see how it changed your aestatics.

cvn

#2 Post by cvn »

yeahyeahyeah

#3 Post by yeahyeahyeah »

This has depressed me.

I feel like I am being seriously conned out of my looks now, a bad bite has really destroyed my dating life, because it makes me look uglier.

I have had SARPE (no changes visually), needs to correct my open bite,TMJ etc.

OzzysMom

#4 Post by OzzysMom »

Don't get depressed...you are on the right track with getting your issues corrected. I know it's hard not to get depressed because sometimes it seems like a long and lonely road but every day that passes is a day closer.

Do you know which procedures you are having done? I did not have an open bite but I did have a very long face along with some other issues. Someone here told me in the beginning that the more extreme your case it, the more drastic your changes will be and it was true. If you search through my posts and see before/after pics, you will see what I mean.

Best wishes and hang in there!
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

yeahyeahyeah

#5 Post by yeahyeahyeah »

Feels like a lonely road TBH, people treat me like I am crazy for making such a big deal out of it. What they dont understand is that it is affecting my looks and my dating life - and obviously these before-after photos show it.

I have an anterior open bite, my lower jaw is misaligned - so slants to the right. Face is long. God, look so ugly come to think about it - sucks because other guys my age dont have to worry about this. I am 24

biggs

#6 Post by biggs »

I have a openbite too. Can not stress enough how depressing it is. It not only effects the looks but effects my speech too big time!

currently wearing a splint to rest my tmj going back to see OS in a week!