Hello Everybody

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OzzysMom

Hello Everybody

#1 Post by OzzysMom »

Sorry I haven't been around for the past couple of months. I had to move as well as a few other things.
But I am back and hope everyone here is doing well and have had successful surgeries/recoveries.

I've missed you all and hope I can be of any help. xoxo
OM
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

Skitters

#2 Post by Skitters »

Hi!! I haven't checked the site since January, but decided to post my before and after pics to help people who are just starting their surgery journey. How've you been? Still numb? cuz I am, blah. Hope all is going well for you!

OzzysMom

#3 Post by OzzysMom »

Hi Skitters, I was just wondering how your recovery was going.
Yeah, still some numbness but it is slowly coming back. Mainly in the chin area. Last week I was feeling an onset of renewed tingles so I always take that as a good sign. It still feels weird when I try to pucker, LOL. At least my lower lip no longer feels like it is being stretched out...that drove me crazy for a long time. Sometimes I still think I feel something wet on my chin area but nowhere near what it was a year or even 6 months ago.
I'm really happy though.
How much numbness do you still have? I know we had similar cases which were pretty extreme so it's probably going to take us a little longer to heal completely.
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

Skitters

#4 Post by Skitters »

My sensations are very stranger. The right side has about 80% feeling back in it, but still feels alittle "stretched". When I touch the left side lightly, I get MAJOR tingles, but if I poke anywhwere with a toothpick I can't feel anything at all. I also still get the "wet" feeling on my chin and am constantly touching it to see if I'm drooling lol. Everyone assures me that it looks normal when I talk even though sometimes it feels really awkward. I'm really holding out hope that the tingles mean that eventually I will regain at least semi-normal feeling again. I'm happy to hear you no longer have the "stretched" feeling! Mine is not quite as bas as it was, but I definately still have it. It's good to hear you're continuing to improve, it gives me hope! Take care!!