JULY 2010 BUDDIES!!!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isolde

#61 Post by isolde »

For their operation, were/are everyone's teeth perfectly aligned? I'm starting to get a bit apprehensive as to why my surgeon doesn't mind - I've been happy with that because my surgeon seems to be a top dog and I trust him completely, but all of your teeth seem to be perfect pre-op! I have a couple of teeth still not in line on the bottom (top are fine though). (I've been in braces for 1+ years.)

isolde

#62 Post by isolde »

Make that in braces for exactly 1 and a half years this month actually.

Audra

#63 Post by Audra »

It just means you will be in braces longer post-op, that's all. As long as your arch is where it should be, tweaking a couple teeth afterwards is not going to be a big deal.

Because I was on a LONG wait list the ortho had time to make sure all my teeth were where they should be and all my detailing was done beforehand.

Not to worry :)

isolde

#64 Post by isolde »

Thank you, Audra! It's so comforting to hear that.

I guess that's the flip side to being able to see/hear other people's stories on the internet, whilst you can be prepared for what's to come you can also start feeling anxious about what has/hasn't been done with your own case! The more wonderful before/afters I was looking at, I was just having a few pre-surgery worries... what with it being 21 days today exactly! yikes.

mitchejk

#65 Post by mitchejk »

Well I had my pre-op appointment and now I have one week until my July 7th surgery. I learned at my appointment that I will have to have both upper and lower advancement. I'm very excited but my boyfriend will be moving during my surgery (I'll be following a month later) so I'll be alone at the hospital :-(( I'm trying to remind myself that we are moving to be closer to my family so I'll never have to "go under the knife" alone again. Good news is my nieces are flying in to take care of me after the surgery. They can't drive so they can't be there for the surgery but the can be here to help me through the next 2 weeks. I look forward to sharing my journey with all my July buddies!

J

VikingGirl

#66 Post by VikingGirl »

isolde wrote:Thank you, Audra! It's so comforting to hear that.

I guess that's the flip side to being able to see/hear other people's stories on the internet, whilst you can be prepared for what's to come you can also start feeling anxious about what has/hasn't been done with your own case! The more wonderful before/afters I was looking at, I was just having a few pre-surgery worries... what with it being 21 days today exactly! yikes.
I so happy that I decided to look up before/after pictures and that I've read stories. I've also seen footage from a Le Fort 1 surgery on youtube (you know, educational material :) )
For me, it's been a big help :D

Had my pre op appointment yesterday! I've managed to get some copies of my x-rays - I'll upload them later plus some before/afters of me. I think I I should share my pictures too, now that I've gained so much confidence from seeing those of other people :)

Kirish

#67 Post by Kirish »

Updated list of July buddies (those with confirm dates):

July 7th:
VikingGirl - Upper jaw (underbite)
Mitchejk - Upper and lower jaws

July 9th:
vonjo27 - Lefort1, bsso, and maxillary asymmetry (underbite)
Aviv16 - Upper jaw or double jaw surgery (underbite)

July 19th:
Me (Kirish\Noam) - Lefort1, maxillary impaction, Segmental mandibular osteotomy, Genioplasty (underbite)

July 20th:
James0099 - Upper and lower jaw surgery, possible genioplasty.

July 22nd:
Isolde - No information given.
Noam.

Kirish

#68 Post by Kirish »

Crap my date was just postponed 3 days from the 19th to the 22nd, so I'll be closing this month together with Isolde. 3 days isn't much but every day seems like eternity now...
Noam.

Aviv16

#69 Post by Aviv16 »

I just saw this thread - I posted another thread below. It's so nice to read that others will also be going through surgery this week!

I've had hooks for a couple of weeks and they haven't bothered me at all. I have two on the top and two on the bottom.

I'm not looking forward to surgery at all, but reading other people's stories reminds me why I'm going through this in the first place.

mitchejk

#70 Post by mitchejk »

Thanks for putting the schedule together Kirish! I'm excited to get this surgery marked as done on my to-do list. I'm I weird for being excited? I'll be sure to report as soon as I can when I come out on the other side.

Good luck to all,
J

James0099

#71 Post by James0099 »

FYI I will not be having genioplasty during the surgery, just upper and lower.

Josh'smom

#72 Post by Josh'smom »

We aren't on the list and it's official. We won't be having surgery now until the end of August.

:(
Josh's mom

VikingGirl

#73 Post by VikingGirl »

Josh'smom wrote:We aren't on the list and it's official. We won't be having surgery now until the end of August.

:(
Josh's mom
I'm sorry to hear that :( That's a long time added to all the time Josh has already waited :? I hope he'll cope!
Hang in there!

WiredRunner

#74 Post by WiredRunner »

I posted in another thread and noticed my ticker ... 22 days, yikes! My surgery date is July 27th.
Braced December 14, 2009
Debraced November 9, 2011

VikingGirl

#75 Post by VikingGirl »

My surgery is moved til friday; a traffic accident victim came in and stole my spot! No.. Jk. I can wait, but I'm sure to be fixed this friday.