Eurgh Lip and chin!!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

enigma

Eurgh Lip and chin!!!

#1 Post by enigma »

I know its still early days but my lower chin and lip just lately has started to play up.
Its worse in the mornings I feel like they are both hugely swollen but they arent. It still feels like I have alot of anesthetic in there!!!
Its frustrating more than anything and it does impair my speech for an hour or two im not sure why this is happening just now must admit im not getting as much tingling sensations as i used to either its just abit of a blip i guess.
Thanks for listening hope everyone is well xxx

OhioM

#2 Post by OhioM »

What do you mean? Are they twitching or just swollen and stiff?

I'm still really stiff and a little swollen, too. I still look funny when I talk. This is such a lesson in patience, isn't it?
Recovering from Lefort 1 (5.5 mm impaction) with genio (6 mm) 1/20/10

enigma

#3 Post by enigma »

Its like you said too it feels very stiff and although I know there is some swelling still lingering around it feels alot bigger than it looks and yes it effects my speech too its frustrating at times. I guess especially when I think im getting braces off in a few weeks I imagined everything to be perfect just then at that moment! lol
Even had a dream last nite that my old school teacher became my ortho and told me that my top jaw had slipped down several inches!!! I was surprisingly ok with this...good job it was only a dream eh xxx
Nice to hear from you xxx

marycotter5678

#4 Post by marycotter5678 »

I'm on day 10 post-op and my chin and bottom lip also feel very stiff/heavy. I think that's just because that area is still numb. My doctor said the chin/lower lip area is usually the last place to regain sensation and can take up to a year and a half in extreme cases.

Double-Jaw Surgery: Lefort I & BSSO (May 4, 2010)