Best Surgeons In The UK?!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bathspider

Best Surgeons In The UK?!

#1 Post by bathspider »

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, does anyone know the names of the people who are supposed to be the best Orthognathic surgeons working in the UK? Either NHS or private and the details of where to contact them?

I am looking to get a second opinion on something (see my previous post for details) and would ideally like to speak to someone who knows all the latest advancements in the area and who might be able to suggest alternative ways of achieving something I have been told by the surgeon I have already seen is not possible.

Many thanks for your help!

Bathspider

sarah1985

Re: Best Surgeons In The UK?!

#2 Post by sarah1985 »

bathspider wrote:Hi guys,

Just a quick question, does anyone know the names of the people who are supposed to be the best Orthognathic surgeons working in the UK? Either NHS or private and the details of where to contact them?

I am looking to get a second opinion on something (see my previous post for details) and would ideally like to speak to someone who knows all the latest advancements in the area and who might be able to suggest alternative ways of achieving something I have been told by the surgeon I have already seen is not possible.

Many thanks for your help!

Bathspider
hey..
i have tried asking this question before :roll:
but did not get much response.. i have been to afew ortho consults thinking they could help me but they can't so i have been referd to my local hospital to see a ortho/orthogathic surgeon in 3 weeks time now..
cant wait.. least i will know if there is any other way to help my smile without jaw op.. but if thats the only way.. i will go through it.. anyway..
i take it by your post you have seen a surgeon ... and are you not happy with what they said? ...
hope some one will help you with your questions x

crazybeautiful

#3 Post by crazybeautiful »

It's difficult to answer that question mainly for the fact that if you're going through the NHS, then your experience with surgeons will be based on region. Even privately it depends where you live, and where you don't mind travelling to

It depends what you need from them, so I can't say my orthodontist and surgeon are great for you just because they treat me.
~SARME, Nov 2007. 10mm expansion

My blog: http://crazybeautifulsurgery.blogspot.com/

yogataz

#4 Post by yogataz »

i am seeing Dr Henri Thuau in London..He is supposed to be one of the best.

bathspider

#5 Post by bathspider »

Thanks for your replies :)

Yes, I have been on the NHS consultation waiting list for over a year and have been to a couple of hospitals in London, which is where I live. I am now at the point where I have been offered treatment, but I am not sure it will sufficiently address the issues I have with my appearance and would like to get a second opinion. I have written about it at greater length in this post if you are interested:

viewtopic.php?t=32612

I guess it's not as easy as just getting a word of mouth recommendation, but from reading other peoples posts on the site it is clear that some people have done a lot of research into every aspect of surgery, and I am sure that there is some sort of consensus of opinion among those people as to who are 'the best' surgeons ;)

Thanks for the name Yogataz, I will check him out online.

Kerry

#6 Post by Kerry »

my surgeon caroline mills has operated on me and two of my mates she is fantastic
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

bathspider

#7 Post by bathspider »

Hi Kerry,

Could I ask you the name/location of the surgery Caroline works for, as well as how much it costs for a consultation?

Thanks lots :) I am glad you are so pleased with your results!

Bathspider

Kerry

#8 Post by Kerry »

Hi

I had mine done via NHS in berkshire, she does private too. Search her on the internet and you maybe able to find clinics she works in.
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

bathspider

#9 Post by bathspider »

Thanks Kerry, I will check her out :) I have made an appointment to see Dr Thuau next week, so thanks again for that yogataz. The only problem is that it seems to be more complicated than I had imagined to get all my x-rays/photos from the hospital I have been to already, and I want to go fully equipped to make the most of my time - which looks like costing a frightening amount of money, even more than you suggested in your message :(

Hope your all doing OK :)