Long face/mouth breathing syndrome; contemplating surgery...

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yeahyeahyeah

Re: Long face/mouth breathing syndrome; contemplating surger

#16 Post by yeahyeahyeah »

loftry wrote:Hi,

I am a 17 year old male who is a similar case to you: mouth breathing all my life, now has lip incompetence, long narrow face (more specifically thin and long jaw), thin and short upper lip, etc and i also had crowding which had to be corrected with braces aged 15-16. Like you am also depressed about my face as i feel i have an other wise fairly good looking face, but my lower face ruins this.

So I was wondering if you have had this problem fixed for you, and if yes what exactly you did about it and whether or not you are happy with the results?

I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks
I had a crossbite, it got corrected by SARPE, and now an open bite, which needs to be corrected.

No matter what they say (about you having BDD, need a shrink or whatever) I gained so much confidence after I got SARPE done. My top jaw was just weird as hell, it was triangular and I am sure after my open bite is fixed I will feel happier.

I strongly recommend that you get treatment started.

hundreds

#17 Post by hundreds »

after getting surgery, was it much easier for you to breathe through your nose?

yeahyeahyeah

#18 Post by yeahyeahyeah »

hundreds wrote:after getting surgery, was it much easier for you to breathe through your nose?
Nope not at all.

I have a hump on my nose, surgeons suspect that this is causing breathing difficulties with my nose.

Minerva

#19 Post by Minerva »

yeahyeahyeah wrote:
loftry wrote:Hi,

I had a crossbite, it got corrected by SARPE, and now an open bite, which needs to be corrected.

Did the SARPE caused the open bite?

latinafey

#20 Post by latinafey »

To the OP, best of luck. As many have, I'd recommend seeing a therapist for your depression, so that if you do consult with a surgeon you don't think it will solve all the problems you may have. A lot of us are on the same train as you, chin up!