Surgery tomorrow ahhhhh!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lefortsg

#16 Post by lefortsg »

Dear beth,

till date i'm still swollen to the extend that i think i look like a pig. What about you?

I'm taking that horrible tasting medicine as well but it isnt that bad for me since my jaws are not wired together ; the doctor thinks i can manage with my jaws opened. Hope the swell will subside... I can't really chew because movements are limited and i'm afraid i hurt my muscles, therefore i'm still blending every single food i eat. Campbell soups taste so great!\

I can open my mouth 1 fingers length, what about you? I'd say i still have bout 43% swell on my face, yourself?

descantus

#17 Post by descantus »

Congratulations on overcoming your nerves making it through! Hope the recovery is going well, you'll soon be on the home stretch - very envious :wink:
Follow my story:
http://dentalpurgatory.blogspot.com/

[/url]

Beth85

#18 Post by Beth85 »

Hi, sorry for late reply haven't been at the pc much lately cos my internet was playing up!!

Lefortsg, i am id say now about 20% swollen, mainly around my jawline. I have small swelling around my nose & inside is numb also my upper gum & some of my pallate is numb too.
Do you find it a tad depressing when you look in the mirror and there is no shape to your face with all the swelling? I did for a while!

My bruising was from midface down my neck to my chest and i was swollen but it's almost gone now, i was quite colourful for a while & then green mainly down my neck :)
How is your bruising, did you resemble a rainbow for a while??? :lol:

A pig? Yeh i guess thats close for me lol. I thought i looked like a fat kid for a week or so haha but now my face shape is reallly starting to come through. I used to have a very flat, hard and oval face & now i have a much softer look, less flat & a shorter more rounded face so i am soooo happy about that!! Haven't really braved the public without my scarf yet but hoping by mid next week i will look 'normal'.
Have you been out yet? Talking walks in the field behind my house is handy cos hardly anyone is about. Fresh air has done me good i think.

Have you found blending up regular meals to be sooo gross?? I don't know what it is but after a few meals of slop i suddenly felt sick thinking about it so i chose foods i didn't have to blend, i.e soup, jelly, banana, ice-cream etc it was more bearable!!
Now, i am chopping up my food, like pasta & tuna with veg and attempting to chew. It's kinda hard & doesn't really work cos my teeth aren't fully touching. I was also give a tiny elastic for the left side, to pull it down a bit, it hooks on my furthest back hook and below and across one, like a triangle.
Have you been to see your surgeon yet?

I can get 4 fingers in my mouth now & the surgeon was very pleased with how much i could open on tuesday so a good sign im recovering well.

Anyways, really hope things are going well for you. Remember stay positive & smile as often as you can. It helps to watch happy films & take short walks to keep you feeling good :)
Take care!! :rose:

Thanks descantus if that was meant for me :)

Beth xx

silo789

Re: Surgery tomorrow ahhhhh!!

#19 Post by silo789 »

Hi, I have had all my wisdom teeth removed and am now waiting for surgery (date is 1st March 2018)

Quick question, what is the best food to eat in the first two weeks? I have a blender. but was wondering what I should be eating?

Thanks

EmilyTravels

#20 Post by EmilyTravels »

silo789 wrote:Hi, I have had all my wisdom teeth removed and am now waiting for surgery (date is 1st March 2018)

Quick question, what is the best food to eat in the first two weeks? I have a blender. but was wondering what I should be eating?

Thanks
I had a lot of healthy soups (mostly veggie, blended) as well as fresh and frozen fruit smoothies with added vanilla protein powder and fiber powder to prevent constipation. Once a day I'd treat myself to a milkshake, usually chocolate-peanut butter or vanilla-peanut butter. The PB provides extra calories and some protein too and made them extra yummy. Add ins for smoothies included yogurt, applesauce, and fruit. In between blender meals I would sometimes have one of the prepared drinks you can buy in the produce section -- carrot juice being a special favorite, but also green drinks, coffee drinks, etc. It was easier than I thought to get through two weeks. I wouldn't have wanted to do a liquid diet for any longer, though!

Good luck to you!

silo789

#21 Post by silo789 »

[quote="EmilyTravels"][quote="silo789"]Hi, I have had all my wisdom teeth removed and am now waiting for surgery (date is 1st March 2018)

Thanks[/quote]

I had a lot of healthy soups (mostly veggie, blended) as well as fresh and frozen fruit smoothies with added vanilla protein powder and fiber powder to prevent constipation. Once a day I'd treat myself to a milkshake, usually chocolate-peanut butter or vanilla-peanut butter. The PB provides extra calories and some protein too and made them extra yummy. Add ins for smoothies included yogurt, applesauce, and fruit. In between blender meals I would sometimes have one of the prepared drinks you can buy in the produce section -- carrot juice being a special favorite, but also green drinks, coffee drinks, etc. It was easier than I thought to get through two weeks. I wouldn't have wanted to do a liquid diet for any longer, though!

Good luck to you![/quote]
not sure if
I am having double jaw surgery so I'm not sure if I will even be able to open my mouth for the first week. What's the swelling like?

silo789

Re:

#22 Post by silo789 »

[quote="Beth85"]Hi, sorry for late reply haven't been at the pc much lately cos my internet was playing up!!

Lefortsg, i am id say now about 20% swollen, mainly around my jawline. I have small swelling around my nose & inside is numb also my upper gum & some of my pallate is numb too.
Do you find it a tad depressing when you look in the mirror and there is no shape to your face with all the swelling? I did for a while!

My bruising was from midface down my neck to my chest and i was swollen but it's almost gone now, i was quite colourful for a while & then green mainly down my neck :)
How is your bruising, did you resemble a rainbow for a while??? :lol:

A pig? Yeh i guess thats close for me lol. I thought i looked like a fat kid for a week or so haha but now my face shape is reallly starting to come through. I used to have a very flat, hard and oval face & now i have a much softer look, less flat & a shorter more rounded face so i am soooo happy about that!! Haven't really braved the public without my scarf yet but hoping by mid next week i will look 'normal'.
Have you been out yet? Talking walks in the field behind my house is handy cos hardly anyone is about. Fresh air has done me good i think.

Have you found blending up regular meals to be sooo gross?? I don't know what it is but after a few meals of slop i suddenly felt sick thinking about it so i chose foods i didn't have to blend, i.e soup, jelly, banana, ice-cream etc it was more bearable!!
Now, i am chopping up my food, like pasta & tuna with veg and attempting to chew. It's kinda hard & doesn't really work cos my teeth aren't fully touching. I was also give a tiny elastic for the left side, to pull it down a bit, it hooks on my furthest back hook and below and across one, like a triangle.
Have you been to see your surgeon yet?

I can get 4 fingers in my mouth now & the surgeon was very pleased with how much i could open on tuesday so a good sign im recovering well.

Anyways, really hope things are going well for you. Remember stay positive & smile as often as you can. It helps to watch happy films & take short walks to keep you feeling good :)
Take care!! :rose:

Thanks descantus if that was meant for me :)

Beth xx[/quote]