I'm back with pics and glad this board is back too!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OzzysMom

I'm back with pics and glad this board is back too!

#1 Post by OzzysMom »

Hi everyone who remembers me. I had Lefort1, bsso, genioplasty, turbinectomies, partial septoplasty and gum recontouring on October 8.
Sorry I wasn't online for a few weeks, then when I was, I was saddened that I could not post here so I am sooo happy it is back and running.

I have missed everyone here and thank those who helped me along my journey.

So here is my latest pic 3 months post surgery. I've enclosed 2 pre-surgical pics just so you can see the transformation. Functionally, I am able to close my mouth without straining, I can breathe through my nose for the first time in my life, no more chronic dry mouth/gums and the problems associated with it, no more sleep apnea and other benefits as well.

I am not yet able to open my mouth all the way and I have a bit of swelling and numbness but it gets better each day.

It's the best thing I've ever done and I finally like my face!

Love and peace to all,
OM
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

OzzysMom

And I forgot to mention the best part

#2 Post by OzzysMom »

No more of those tension headaches that I would have almost constantly.
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

chicago29

#3 Post by chicago29 »

Simply amazing!! Congratulations on spectacular results and glad to know that your recovery has went according to plan.

I'm scheduled for my expansion surgery on 2/4, so I'm finally getting started myself. When I see results like yours it makes me know that all this is going to be worth it...

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#4 Post by blindboarder2008 »

glad to hear you are recovering well OM! your pics look awesome!!! glad you are happy!!!! I to am glad the board is back! definetly saddened when i came on a few week ago and found that i couldn't post, but its back up and running again!!! woot woot!!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

knockuout7788

#5 Post by knockuout7788 »

you look so different :).....

FuzzyPants

#6 Post by FuzzyPants »

That's awesome! A new hair colour too! You do look different - younger. :D
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

indecisive1

#7 Post by indecisive1 »

Hi OM...have been thinking about you and dying to ask how your reunion went...you look absolutely gorgeous. I am having sarpe on 05/02/09 and cannot wait to get the ball rolling...I have so much to thank you for. You truly inspired me and I hope my results are as great as yours!

OzzysMom

#8 Post by OzzysMom »

Thanks for the kind words.
Fuzzy Pants-I had been wanting to go back to my natural dark hair for awhile but because of my jaw, I looked like the wicked witch of the west with dark hair. I love walking past people I know well and they don't even recognize me now!

Indecisive1-Congrats on your surgery date! Thanks for asking but at the last minute I did not go to my reunion. I hit my jaw when I was sleeping and really didn't feel up to making the trip across the country. But, they are having another reunion next year so I will make that one.

2bpositive

#9 Post by 2bpositive »

You look like you had a total make over, I bet people don't recongnize you! Good to hear your doing so well - You look fantastic!!!
I wondered what happened to you. I did see the after surgery pictures I thought you were so brave to go to Costa Rica to have the surgery - very determined.
I love seeing all the after surgery photos and reading how happy everyone is makes me feel better about doing this whole thing. Even the set backs give me strength.

Eriann

#10 Post by Eriann »

Beautiful!! :)

Must be wonderful to have all the functional improvements also - sounds well worth it! Well deserved also. Fantastic stuff :)

Graceful58

#11 Post by Graceful58 »

Wow...you look great! You must be so happy...did Dr. Reiche do your surgery???? I like you in darker hair, very pretty!
Lower Jaw Advancement & Mentoplasty- Dec 31st...Happy New Year!!!

http://bracefacemom.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Graceful

Audra

#12 Post by Audra »

You look so beautiful!