Had My Lower Jaw Advancement/Chin Reduction Dec 31

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Graceful58

Had My Lower Jaw Advancement/Chin Reduction Dec 31

#1 Post by Graceful58 »

While we were all away I had my lower jaw advanced 6mm and my chin reduced 6mm on New Years Eve. I have had a pretty easy recovery for the most part and I'm down to very little swelling but I'm still numb in my chin area and lower lip. I've lost about 15 lbs which is ok as I've been walking since the day after my surgery. I'm not up to about 1 1/2 to 2 miles which I know has helped tremendously in my recovery. I have blogged my progress here if anyone is interested.

Right now I get an occasional pain on my left side around and above the ear area and I just massage it to help relieve the tenseness. I'm also just trying to smile straight...LOL..and that's a bit of a challenge....not bad if that's the only thing I'm dealing with. :)
Lower Jaw Advancement & Mentoplasty- Dec 31st...Happy New Year!!!

http://bracefacemom.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Graceful

FuzzyPants

#2 Post by FuzzyPants »

What a way to ring in the new year Graceful! I'm glad to hear you're doing well and moving around.

Muscle tightness seems to be common after surgery, but it will pass soon enough. I can relate to the smiling problem. It was difficult for me because of the stitches under my lip, so it looked and felt strained.
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

funkyrhodes

#3 Post by funkyrhodes »

Hey Graceful, I've been following you! Can't wait to see what you look like now! :D

megs29

#4 Post by megs29 »

Hey! Im having the exact type of surgery you had..

How do they go about doing the chin reduction? I can only seem to find stuff on enlarging the chin!

OzzysMom

#5 Post by OzzysMom »

I'm so glad it went well and you are healing so quickly!
Many blessings for a continued great recovery.
OM
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

Graceful58

#6 Post by Graceful58 »

megs29 wrote:Hey! Im having the exact type of surgery you had..

How do they go about doing the chin reduction? I can only seem to find stuff on enlarging the chin!
Hi Meg,

They actually cut my chin and slid it back...now I don't have the particulars on how they did that but I have two small wires holding my chin together...LOL...gosh I hope they never break!! ;)

Counting down the days until I get actual feeling back in my chin and lower lip.
Lower Jaw Advancement & Mentoplasty- Dec 31st...Happy New Year!!!

http://bracefacemom.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Graceful