3 months post op-self pity alert-AND THEY ARE COMING OFF!!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FuzzyPants

#16 Post by FuzzyPants »

Ema,

I am glad that you are feeling a bit better. Your jaw was broken in five places, so it is not surprising that you have some lingering swelling. I too am battling stained powerchains and acne (as well as fine lines and grey hair - but that is for another forum! :) ).
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

ema27

#17 Post by ema27 »

thanks lou-lou and fuzzy pants for replying. :D lou-lou i suppose we have to learn to love our new faces although i am finding that pretty hard at the mo...
Fuzzy pants- ha im afraid i am battling the same fine lines and grey hair as you are -but its amazing the difference hair dye and concealer does.... :D
i see the ortho on thursday so hopefully he will cheer me up....

Happysmiler

#18 Post by Happysmiler »

Hi Ema27

I can totally sympathise with the acne and breakouts - even now at 4 months post op I am suffering and it is very frustrating!! I really cannot see why this happens, there must be a scientific explanation as it happens to so many of us post op?

If it persists I may go to my GP to get some antibiotics specifically for the skin, I was wondering if a short course may stop them in their tracks? Worth a go I think?

Stick with it, I have felt very low because of the breakouts and it just generally lowers your mood, I'm sure it will sort its self out eventually and just remember those pesky spots look much worse to you than others!

Best Wishes
Happysmiler

ema27

#19 Post by ema27 »

So its been 10 days since my original post and my how things change...
My skin has cleared up so much-without makeup im not too good but foundation covers beautiful :D All the spots have gone just a few blemishes here and there.
I have no idea why they disappeared i m not using any different face products etc.I guess the spots had enough too!!! :?
Anyway i had my ortho appointment yesterday and we had a good chat he reassured me that swelling can take over a year to completly go and he is happy with the result.so...are you ready for this......On the 3 rd december at 11 o clock THEY ARE COMING OFF-yep the braces are being took off and the essix retainers are being made...Talk about good news -it really made my day after all i have been through emotionallly i needed the good news and right now life couldnt get any better.... :D

FuzzyPants

#20 Post by FuzzyPants »

That's wonderful news Ema. I'm very happy for you. It's also great that you can stop worrying about the swelling for a while.

Let the countdown begin!
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008