8 Week Post-Op pics

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FuzzyPants

8 Week Post-Op pics

#1 Post by FuzzyPants »

Tomorrow will be eight weeks since having the BSSO (advanced) and Lefort (advanced and impacted).

I feel great now emotionally and physically; the blues and rough times are finally behind me. Numbness is confined to my upper gums only. There is reduced sensation on my bottom chin like I'm touching it through a tissue. My cheeks still feel thick, but at least I'm not biting them accidentally anymore.

I'm very happy with the results. The added bonus: I've stopped snoring and grinding in my sleep. Now if I can get my boyfriend to stop snoring somehow...

On to the pics:

June 2008. Natural smile

August 16. Recovery - unrecognizable!

8 weeks post-op. Look ma! No gums.

8 weeks post-op

So there you have it! Isn't there a club for narcissists that was started a while back on Archwired? Sign me up.
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

badbite

#2 Post by badbite »

Your teeth and smile look great.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

mannab271

#3 Post by mannab271 »

BEAUTIFUL! YOU GO GIRL!

phil

#4 Post by phil »

FANTASTIC!

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

dittoxtina

#5 Post by dittoxtina »

theres a glow about you! you look so beautiful!! its amazing how you look the same but so different at the same time. what does your boyfriend think? i catch mine staring at me, then he'll say " its just amazing is all", lol its alil weird for him still. but im happy everything turned out so well!

gatorseh

#6 Post by gatorseh »

Beautiful results!!

I had a gummy smile too- I hope I can have similar results!

OzzysMom

#7 Post by OzzysMom »

You look absolutely gorgeous!
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

FuzzyPants

#8 Post by FuzzyPants »

Awe shucks. Thanks everyone.

dittoxtina,
My boyfriend loves he new look, but says he also loved the old me. He is truly amazed at how quickly people can bounce back from this surgery. When he came to visit me in the hospital after surgery, he arrived with red eyes - he had been crying! He said he was expecting me to be curled up in pain with bandages hiding everything but two black eyes.

As a side note, I did manage to scare a child in the hospital (poor thing). He peeked around the curtain while his father was visiting the woman next to me. I had my jaw bra and ice packs on and was holding the suction tube to my mouth. His eyes got wide and he ran back to his dad to say "Dad, that man has no mouth and only eyes". Shortly after I went for a walk to refill my ice packs. I made sure to let my hair down and smile the best I could to show that I do in fact have a mouth, and I am not a man!
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

anotherbraceface

#9 Post by anotherbraceface »

Congratulations! And can I just say - you have great cheekbones! I'm in envy!

gatorseh

#10 Post by gatorseh »

FuzzyPants wrote: As a side note, I did manage to scare a child in the hospital (poor thing). He peeked around the curtain while his father was visiting the woman next to me. I had my jaw bra and ice packs on and was holding the suction tube to my mouth. His eyes got wide and he ran back to his dad to say "Dad, that man has no mouth and only eyes". Shortly after I went for a walk to refill my ice packs. I made sure to let my hair down and smile the best I could to show that I do in fact have a mouth, and I am not a man!
I had the same effect on a few children who were visiting someone on my floor. I was making my laps around the halls when the kids came around the corner, stopped dead in their tracks staring at me, turned around and high-tailed it away shrieking to each other. It made me smile/crack a little laugh for the first time since the surgery though so that was nice. :)

~danielle~

#11 Post by ~danielle~ »

AWWW you look so GORGEOUS!! :D
Your smile looks amazing! Congrats!

And I scared my 6 year old brother to tears the day I decided to not go around the house hiding my face with a blanket (5 days post-op i think) His face turned totally white and ran away screaming for my mum :shock: .. -OOOPS!.

phil

#12 Post by phil »

Fuzzypants,

I LOVE the story of the child in the hospital. What a hoot!

Thank you for sharing...

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

ema27

#13 Post by ema27 »

beautiful results -you should be so pleased...

RainAndTangerines

#14 Post by RainAndTangerines »

Wow...you look fantastic! Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Steph-in-WI

#15 Post by Steph-in-WI »

Your results are amazing! Thanks for sharing with us ...
See my complete braces and jaw surgery story at www.mycorrectivejawsurgery.blogspot.com