Surgeon in South Carolina/Southeast?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

warhorse

Surgeon in South Carolina/Southeast?

#1 Post by warhorse »

I was hoping someone could recommend a good surgeon in the South Carolina area. I had a lower jaw/chin advancement several years and I'm not entirely please with the results.

smile2006

#2 Post by smile2006 »

I'm not sure what park of SC you are in but I live on the NE side of Columbia. I had a really great experience with Dr. Simpson at the Center for Oral and Maxiofacial Surgery in Rock Hill. Great surgeon/person and the overall experience produced results I am very, very happy with. I had upper and lower jaw surgery with genioplasty in July, 2006. You can PM me if you need more info. The office does have a website. May I ask what aspects of the surgery you are not pleased with. Good Luck.

warhorse

#3 Post by warhorse »

I have a significant amount of bone loss due to an impacted wisdom tooth which required me to be wired shut after surgery. So obviously I have some contour issues on the lower left side. My lower lip is also off center a couple of millimeters. I would like to redo the original surgery.

smile2006

#4 Post by smile2006 »

I'm sorry to hear that you have some issues remaining after the surgery. I hope you can get to the results you desire. If you are anywhere near Rock Hill, I really recommend the doctor I used. Good Luck.

warhorse

#5 Post by warhorse »

Thanks, I'll look into your surgeon.

smile2006

#6 Post by smile2006 »

http://www.thecenterforoms.com/

Here's the weblink. If you decide to see Dr. Simpson, PM me and I'll give you my real name. I'd love for him to know I referred someone to him. He helped give me a great smile and I thought that wasn't possible with my mouth :D

edgewise

#7 Post by edgewise »

Thanks for the information on this doctor, Smile2006. I have a surgeon in my area, but I was not impressed with him when I had a visit years ago. Scared me off from the whole thing, to be honest. I might contact you via PM regarding it sometime.

Best,
Edgewise