Return to normal sleeping?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tbarr15

Return to normal sleeping?

#1 Post by tbarr15 »

I am 11 weeks post op, and I am having a hard time sleeping. I am still scared to sleep in my side, and was wondering how long it took people to begin to sleep normally again?

phil

#2 Post by phil »

tbarr15,

I had a lot of difficulty sleeping until I learned to develop some specific relaxation techniques. I am now sleeping better than ever!

Let me know if you would like to know more.

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

ema27

#3 Post by ema27 »

Hi i am 13 days post op and last night i slept on my side -i tried it a couple of days ago but felt nervous about laying on my jaw.Well last night i slept on my right side for half the night and the left for the remaining part of the night.Woke up perfectly fine this morning-with no aches-ah a good nights sleep i forgot what they felt like.... :D

Thathrill

#4 Post by Thathrill »

Took me about 3 weeks to sleep normally in bed. The past 2 nights I have slept in my bed normally.

I did sleep in my bed twice within the first 2 weeks. One of which was just ok the other was a nightmare LOL
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

amd

#5 Post by amd »

I slept in a recliner for 3 weeks then moved to my son's bed. I wanted to sleep alone. I'm 4 weeks post op and sleeping alone in son's room. I still use extra pillows and try to sleep on my back. I'm a die hard stomach sleeper so this change has been hard. I do roll over onto my side quite a bit. However not to my stomach. Even when on my side I am still raised up quite a bit because of the extra pillows.

I agree with Mery, at 11 weeks post op you should be able to sleep in your own bed comfortably. I would definitely speak to your OS> Mine always asks me about my sleeping - if I'm comfy -why or why not.
amd
"I suffer from short term memory loss...I think"

tbarr15

#6 Post by tbarr15 »

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I slept on my side last night, and boy did it feel great. I forgot what a good nights sleep felt like!

phil

#7 Post by phil »

tbarr15,

Hooray for you! I am celebrating with you.

May you have many more nights ahead of you sleeping like a baby now...

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/