Emas progress-lower wire broken

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ema27

Emas progress-lower wire broken

#1 Post by ema27 »

Hi all 8 days post op and doing ok..still getting frustrated at my lack of communication especially to my kids .I am due to start a new job in 10 days-how the heck am i going to br ready for that..
Anyway now i am delving into my mouth that little bit more -i can see the bottom arch wire snapped in two.I knew this after the surgery as the surgeon told me it had snapped when he was moving it-Question i have is i am so worried that the teeth on one side dont match the other side-they look( and are) wobbly and not in line with the rest.Anyone else have there wire snapped in two-and if you did please reassure me im not going to lose all my teeth :(

rosy22

#2 Post by rosy22 »

Ema,
Can the wire be replaced by your OS or OD?

ema27

#3 Post by ema27 »

hi rosy22
yes the wire will be replaced at week 3post surgery-the question i wanted the answer for was is there any one else out there whose wire broke in surgery...
I spent 12 months straightening the bottom teeth to then have the surgery wire break and one side is totally different to the other...praying once the new wire comes on it doesnt take 12 months to restraighten..

phil

#4 Post by phil »

ema27,

I would say that as long as you've communicated with your orthodontist about this, and he/she thinks things are OK, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

We should all not be afraid to express our concerns to the people taking care of us!

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

Munkys Girl
Location: Teesside, UK Girlfriend to: a Lefort 1 & BSSO patient!

#5 Post by Munkys Girl »

I can't really help here but I do agree with phil, if your surgeon didn't express concern over it then hopefully that means it won't be an issue for you. Fingers crossed for your new job too, I noticed some people's swelling subside the quickest in the second week so hopefully it will for you too before your 10 days are up!

ema27

#6 Post by ema27 »

thanks for the comments everyone-i am seeing the ortho tommorow so i will definitely voice my concerns!
Munkys girl-thanks for the well wishes for the job-i am starting to panic my expected start date is just over a week-.I cant talk so others can understand me -my swelling is going down so i dont look too bad now :D
Its only been 10 days since i had the op but life goes on doesnt it-its frustrating wanting to do things and not being able to..